I'm posting this as a discussion first, since I'm not sure how people feel about this.

I had this situation: my assassin was going back from D:32 via the shortcut.
Kherab stood in my way and I accidentally stabbed him. Seeing as this is a level 27 assassin wielding Silence of the Dead... well it was a one-hit wonder.
So now Kherab is dead and despite doing everything before that right, I am now going to be unable to access Rolf, correct?
Should that be changed perhaps? You can already slaughter dwarven chaos knights indiscriminately without consequences for the quest.
Kherab clearly is a very chaotic NPC and wants other dwarves dead. One could argue he's beyond salvation, just like DCKs.
Maybe there should be some special quest given by the ancient dwarf or any other NPC related to dwarves, that would allow the player to legitimately kill Kherab without rendering Rolf inaccessible?
I think with the lawful alignment of the whole questline, it's somewhat strange that killing a highly chaotic character prevents an otherwise also lawful PC from finishing the quest.
Personally, I believe that sparing any regular L/N dwarves should be absolutely necessary but C ones? These have made the choice regarding their alignment.
Also, it's not like there's 10 different Kherabs randomly roaming the dungeons, ready to be accidentally stabbed.
True, it was my bad luck/misclick I was going with a super-powerful melee char and ran into him but still.

What do you think?