Thread: SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

Threaded View

Default SSH-accessible public ADOM server online (experimental)

EDIT FROM MODERATOR: jaakkos' is currently MIA, but there are other servers in action - details in this thread:

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...-accessible%29

Now back to the original post...

Hi there!

Over a year ago I got an idea, on a certain IRC-channel, about a public-accessible ADOM server. The idea was to implement something similar to the dgamelaunch-system used on NetHack servers.

You are able to create your own user account and then play on the server. dgamelaunch uses Telnet, but this implementation now uses SSH.

You would be able to spectate other players and have common hiscore-entries. You can edit your configuration files, as well. You can also make your ADOM-directory accessible on a WWW-server.

You can use ADOM Sage on the server, if you wish to.

Detailed information about all of this is available at: http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_server_info.txt

As the txt says, this is still very experimental and all kinds of problems are expected For now, I'd like to hear your opinion about this. I'd also like to hear improvement ideas and innovative ways of using this kind of a system.

I've planned on creating, e.g., a challenge system on the server, so that you could play, say, eternium/... man and the challenge games would have their own hi-score and the system could probably make sure the player doesn't do prohibited (due to the challenge) actions in the game.

Also, these kinds of group-games (you gather a group of people and the save game is passed to the next one in the chain until someone dies and gets dropped, etc...) could be automated on the server.

I wish you have fun playing on the server, should you be interested enough to try!
    Last edited by Grey; 01-18-2013 at 07:01 PM.