Was attempting my second ultra - Drakeling Monk - and have found some really nice equipment. 3 - I'll say that again - THREE - weapons of Devastation, plus two different armor-bypassing weapons. Saved Khelvaster, nice set of equipment including a few useful spell books. (Including Farsight which is one of my favorite ways of training Mana)

All this is at an absurdly early stage in the game. So I take the last dwarven quest - slay the Greater Demon. (Like I said - still early.) Read a scroll of Monster Detection then teleport over just in time to see the Green One kill the Demented Ratling. So much for my ultra.

Then to top it off, as I'm filling the Demon full of arrows to sate my anger, one of the stupid dwarves steps in my line of fire. Now the whole town is hostile. No more selling stuff to Waldenbrook, no more training with Garth - I didn't even collect from the Dwarven Mystic. And something tells me they aren't going to grace me with Big Punch, though that's not much of a loss with the Demented Ratling gone.

Obviously, I can still salvage a standard gate-closing out of this. I did at least get the portal opened before things blew up, so I still plan to collect the Orbs and win. I was already crowned Neutral, and I teleported out rather than killing a bunch of dwarves and losing my crowning. But it's just frustrating to have things go from so good to so poopy so quickly.