Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statues?

Default Statues?

Are all of the statues and their effects implemented?

Doesn't look like all the effects are working, if all the statues do have effects. From my experience the wiki seems fairly uptodate. See the statues thread too http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...atue-sightings

So what do you do with them? Attempts to kick or handle them don't do anything. Pray while standing on the same square as them?

I wonder if I didn't misunderstand something when I sent in my statue... I wanted PC to be able to give it scroll of literacy check (it's an item I suggested many years ago and I wanted to give it an additional use), and then the description text would change based on number of scrolls given (up to 14). But the current description seems to be:
    "You stumble upon a statue. It's a strange humanoid creature with fourteen outstretched arms. They almost look as wings of a skeletal angel. # of the hands are clenched into fists. [# equals to the number of scrolls the statue was given previously.]"

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    So what do you do with them? Attempts to kick or handle them don't do anything. Pray while standing on the same square as them?
    If they're not activated yet you don't do anything. Those that have been activated, can be used by kicking prayer, or simply by walking on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek14 View Post
    I wonder if I didn't misunderstand something when I sent in my statue... I wanted PC to be able to give it scroll of literacy check (it's an item I suggested many years ago and I wanted to give it an additional use), and then the description text would change based on number of scrolls given (up to 14). But the current description seems to be:
    "You stumble upon a statue. It's a strange humanoid creature with fourteen outstretched arms. They almost look as wings of a skeletal angel. # of the hands are clenched into fists. [# equals to the number of scrolls the statue was given previously.]"
    I suppose it is that they didn't implement the effect yet, but anyway, I guess you can always report it as a bug just in case.

Frankly, I don't understand why are they there in the game. I mean, just randomly giving +10 to Learning? With no skill involved at all?

Well some give fairly nice bonuses, some of them are fairly scary. Far more extreme and varied than pools

Yeah, there are some statutes that can basically instakill you.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

There are statues that look like lamps.
    They are nice when kicked.
    Some variation sadly summons a hostile djinni, I've fought one recently for the first time since... 1.0.0? Probably around that.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."