Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highscores--(Adom 1.1.1 Winbeta4)

I'm not sure if you need to kill him yourself, but I suspect you don't. Level 1 hurthling bards can tame Killer bugs (if you go though enough characters) that can kill almost anything. But to get the TotRR you need to talk to the Assassin Prince at level 45 or more. Thus preventing a level 1 char completing an Ultimate Chaos God ending. But that's not a prerequisite for the normal Chaos God ending.

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-4.html

139687 Travis. L17 high elven beastfighter (M). 307626 xps. 62282 turns. Died on 2/10/2008. He was killed by a moloch on the second level of some strange dwarven caves.

I cried...
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Wow! This was closer than I imagined. You have me beat adomer, but just by a few thousand. I'm sure there are people with chaos god endings with super high scores, but I'm happy with this one at the moment. I'm working on a normal chaos god ending right now. I figure go nostalgic before heading for the TotRR.

13190328 Anna L50 hurthling bard (F). 32325146 xps. 182526 turns. Won on 2/28/07.
    She saved the world with her brave efforts and became a great ruler while saving herself 57 times.

25261766 Anduriel. L50 gray elven wizard (F). 64153186 xps. 188100 turns. Ascended on 11/14/2006. She transformed into an avatar of Balance in the palace of Andor Drakon.

I've scored higher in previous versions, 46567428 back on 11/8/2000.

My highest score is:

Code:
    Ruiner, the gnomish wizard, saved the world with his brave efforts and
    became a great ruler while saving himself 10 times.
    He scored 29482432 points and advanced to level 50.
    Not really impressive if compared to scores from brinkster hall of fame, but anyway I'm happy with it.

I won once with a monk, but don't have that computer anymore. On my laptop, I only have one win:

Score: 11493200. Sally, L50 hurthling farmer. 152189 turns. She saved the world and became a great ruler while saving herself 12 times.

That was a fun, straightforward game. She got crowned fairly early, saved Khelevaster, and swept through the deep levels with Purifier and Protector.

My number 2 score still hurts--Molly was well on her way to what would have been my first Avatar ending. She had the crown and medallion of Chaos, and had cleared the entire CoC except for the last 2 levels. She was slaying emperor molochs in the Scintillating Cave left and right... but forgot that the range of her death ray was longer than it used to be, and didn't have anything equipped that gave her resistance.

Score: 2100185. Molly, L46 human wizard. 165551 turns. She drained her life away with a death ray on level 9 of a wondrous cave.

Cheers,
    Ben

~adomer wrote:
    Post your all-time highscore without making a back up file or cheating in anyway.
    So why do you people post save-scummed records like:
    She saved the world with her brave efforts and became a great ruler while saving herself 57 times.
    As far as I remember this is actually a counter of how many times you save scummed.
    Please don't get me wrong, because I also did save-scumming, but in this thread there should be no such 'scummed' records

Default Cheat-proof character posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    Some of those victories were a bit suspect in my book. Someone won with a level 35 character? That is either one of the most impressive things I have ever seen or there are some shenanigans going on. I also like that this is relatively quick response from people. You can ooh or aah over other people's scores and even have yours admired!
    BTW, for JADE I'm considering a web-based hall of fame and special save file format that allows you to uploads your characters and that will contain some kind of encrypted signature so that it becomes much harder (if not impossible) to fake character posts.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

That would be great TB! It would be good to also prevent save-scummed chars too, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sztosz
    As far as I remember this is actually a counter of how many times you save scummed.
    Not exactly. It is a counter of how many times you saved game, not how many times you save scummed(afaik Adom doesn't track how many times certain save has been loaded). So while it's possible that someone save scummed(especially if someone has made lot of saves), still it's not a proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator
    BTW, for JADE I'm considering a web-based hall of fame and special save file format that allows you to uploads your characters and that will contain some kind of encrypted signature so that it becomes much harder (if not impossible) to fake character posts.
    You can make requirement that person along with .flg post would need also to send save(for example in Adom you'd need to save game just before leaving Drakalor Chain). That was working on adom.phx.pl site few years ago, and it was working well.

About save scumming, as far as I know there are ways to prevent save scumming. In one variant of NetHack, game counts how many times certain save has been loaded, and if one save is loaded second(or more) time, game automatically enters wizard mode(therefore, such game doesn't count on highscore).