Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen Bye

Default Zen Bye

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.

10 characters

10 characters

Seems like a crazily hard challenge. But how are you actually blind, it doersnt show on the "status panel"?

One thing is about IDing stuff, your only chance of getting full ID is as thundarrs reward. And blessing/uncursing seems to be out of the question too?

That was not "status pannel" but "character info". Slightly different parts of vlg. Later apparently does not show "Blind".

Identify (iirc, this not my first attempts) was not a problem. You can wear/use Identify (loacating acid trap is recomended) and use shops (sell and rebuy) extensively. uncurse can be achieved via divine intervention, even PoGA are wieldable. Bless is out of question as i only know two methods holy water and scrolls of repair. None is working.

Continuing on my endeavors:
    Take4 - M(ove)259-found stairs.
    (I will skip skill raises as paterns are pretty much same, emphasis on allertnes/athletics/ food preservation raising to 60/ first aid to 40-50/when pump find weakness and healing.)
    First kill kobold
    Torn with angry goblins. There was something tough and hitting good, which i ikilled goblin was just lucky to go through a few last points.

Take5 - managed to run away from orcish patrol encounter. (i can't really give you a move patern, but i would say i can pull these out at 40%)
    first kill - giantrat/goblin
    M497-downstairs
    kill bugbear with a prayer. Must admit bugbears are a problem on ID1. Ages ago i used deeper hopping but getting to danger 2 is not big point, water is nearly useless. Necklace of eye is lv1 thing.
    At level 3 - misser, +1Dx from athletics.
    Later get +1TO
    Got middle agged by ghost bat, which put stoughness back to 13.
    Tested out wand (keep in mind they are not rechargable). magic missiles. Not a best thing but will do for wilderness encounters.
    Killed (lv6) homunculus(?) put me sleeping and another bugbear eated another monk.

I will make break here. Good achievement so far Bunch of dead blind monks.

My, you really are a masochist... in what is already a very masochistic game. I remember your previous attempts on the brinkster forums and how impressed I was that you got anywhere there - hopefully you can equal it this time. About how long do you think it will take before you find a necklace of the eye?

Keeping in mind I need blessed one? I might be forced to go without it.

10 characters

Short bow and arrow? Can you actually use those? Odd that you can shoot when blind, but not in darkness! What if blind and in darkness...?

Have been looking for the rules of this challenge, but could not find it. Can you tell me or post a link? How do you ensure blindness? Scumming for a mud room?