PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Dungeon Diving

DrTopper
01-10-2010, 04:42 AM
wrong damn forum

xax200
01-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Still, I hope that Jade will still have some sort of infinite dungeon with some sort of special something to get inside. Maybe on a certain level you could find a portal to an extremely limited slice of another plane! That would be nifty.

Dudley
01-13-2010, 05:25 AM
The lawful plane....
The plane where the sacred pillars of order live...
ie, for all chaotics, GET THEM

Soirana
01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I hope infinite in Jade could not be exited unless you got something... Like sceptre from Malakai

JellySlayer
05-31-2010, 03:45 AM
Well, I suppose you could say that there is a portal on I:4.2 billion...

Aielyn
05-31-2010, 04:37 AM
What about if there were twin infinite dungeons? One could be dedicated to order, the other to chaos. The order one could be really patterned, with symmetric features, high generation rate of creatures of Order, and special levels based around Order. The chaos one could have a lot of cavernous levels, very sporadic levels otherwise, be mostly populated with chaotic creatures, and have special levels based around Chaos.

An example of an Order level could be, say, level 256 (2^8), which might house the pillars of order. A chaotic PC could travel to this level, destroy the pillars, and then attempt to escape (with every turn, the dungeon would begin to collapse). The prize could be rewards from the chaotic gods, or some artifact that is found in the rubble left behind by the collapsed dungeon, etc. A similar level could appear on a random level between 200 and 300 in the Chaos dungeon, and would be the pillars of chaos.

Perhaps, to make it even more interesting, each of the pillar levels could also house an appropriate guardian. The Order one might have the Solar Emperor, who is an ultra-powerful Solar who carries, say, the sceptre of Order, while the Chaos one might have the Daemon Emperor, carrying the sceptre of Chaos (or, since there's already such a thing, perhaps a slightly different artifact - or the same one, if desired).

Other such "special levels" could be inserted. I'd like to see the Shopkeeper's Heaven level in the Order dungeon, a place with many shops and many NPCs. And perhaps, even deeper, there's a level with a treasure trove of huge size - but attempts to remove any of the items will cause a lot of problems, although the quality of the items would be exceptionally high relative to normally-generated items. On the flipside, perhaps the Chaos dungeon also has a treasure trove with many powerful items... but every item found there is filled with the essence of chaos and corruption. And perhaps the Chaos dungeon has Summoner's Heaven, which is precisely what it sounds like.

fazisi
05-31-2010, 09:10 AM
I always wanted to dive to I:2147483647... then descend. :)

JellySlayer
05-31-2010, 02:05 PM
I think someone came up with a way to test it at some point. You go back to I:1.

fazisi
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for spoiling my dreams.

How did this test actually get carried out though? I highly doubt that it was carried out in some natural manner since if you were able to dive one level every second for 24 hours straight, it would still take 68 years to complete.

Soirana
06-02-2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks for spoiling my dreams.

How did this test actually get carried out though? I highly doubt that it was carried out in some natural manner since if you were able to dive one level every second for 24 hours straight, it would still take 68 years to complete.

Sort of script i believe. Type of hack upstairs into downstairs and descend.