PDA

View Full Version : D:50 help

Overheat
01-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I have a nice drakeling monk almost ready to close the gate, but I have questions about D50 because this PC is different from others I have done for several reasons.

1. Drakeling metabolism
2. Short life span
3. No wands of destruction

So, how can I get my speed back to regular again? Can one use the monster creation method if he is
:s- ing all the way to the handles? Is 110/48 defences on coward enough to avoid the ghost lords aging attack, since 1-2 hits and I'm a goner?

Grey
01-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Restoring speed: Wands of fire will do the trick, though you'll obviously want to protect yourself from the incendiary effects. Crystals of fire thrown next to yourself also work, as do failed alchemy explosions and the improved fireball spell, but you may not have any of these. You might need some booze for the fire wands. Alternatively you can just wait it out - doesn't take too long. If you're worried about corruption then read a few scrolls of peace upon arrival.

Swapping to levers: Yes you can, though it's a bit dull. Why not just bring lots of food and spit everything to death?

Ghosties: They can't see invis, so that's your best option in my opinion. Of course if you just take down the lever you won't need to go near the central chamber or the ghosts. You could also rely on monk speed and missiles to make sure they never get in melee range. Don't risk going hand-to-hand with them - a couple of crits and you'll be a very dead monk.

Dudley
01-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Question bout ghosts : can't they feel you and go through walls?

agatharchides
01-11-2010, 02:31 AM
They will come through the walls, I think they notice when you start attacking things. I also vote for being invisible. I've ready that shooting yourself with fireballs or a wand of fire works to heat drakes up, but I have never actually done D:50 with one.

JellySlayer
01-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Reading a scroll of familiar summoning or two on D:50 is a huge help as well. If you get a greater earth elemental (probably is pretty high), then you're pretty much set... level him killing the chaos servants/mutants/WMoPC, and he should be strong enough to kill the balors by the time you get to them.

Dudley
01-11-2010, 03:02 AM
reminds me of my drakeling meeting an ancient white dragon, and wondering : why the hell can he hit me that many times...

Dudley
01-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Forget it. Stupid. Thanks LN.

_Ln_
01-11-2010, 06:00 AM
if you realy want some good companions, i'll consider reading some scrolls in the black unicorn ward.
Does anyone have tried them in the white one?

Companions (all mobs, actually) can't follow you to D:49...