PDA

View Full Version : This merchants luck had to end somewhere..

nathrakh
01-13-2010, 12:55 AM
I thought to myself: why not start a (gnome) merchant with 4 money talents. And so I generated him.

He had over 18000 gold and I went straight to the bandit town. Black market had some great stuff including blessed 7lbs, wands of paralyzation (0 charges) and so on. I bought all I needed and had like 5 PV already and nice mithril sword.

I went to get puppy and druid quests (was candle born) but BOTH dungeons had rivers at level 3!! Talk about RNG being a bitch.

I then went to hang in ID for a while in hope of blink dog, exp and loot. I found blink dog after some time but lost my 7lbs to a fire trap. Snicker.

Then I wanted to raid Darkforge (with level 7 or so fragile merchant) so I headed to VDDL and when I triggered the second teleport trap.... ta-dam it took me to the wand :D. I was quite happy and returned to bandit town for some booze. When both of my TP wands (black market restocked ...) had 4-6 charges I headed to darkforge.

I teleported to the weapon room first and there was some interesting stuff indeed, including two 50s halberds (and when I died one of them turned out to be Wyrmlance). In armor room the best was crystal chain mail +11pv. Quite nice... When I was teleporting to the stairs I just hoped that the golems wouldn't have moved.. but the staircase was blocked! Oh shoot.. I tried again and got to the staircase but was surrounded by 3(!!!) golems.. I was 99% sure I was dead (no fire resist, 70ish hpmax, etc)... well I went up and I was pleasantly surprised to see I was still alive. So I got away. :)

I went to CoC and nothing special happened until after arena level I found bee hive level, well I dispatched them all easily and got four bee waxes and one gelee royal. When I was heading to the stair case I suddenly died to an lightning vortex that came from behind corner... Quite frustrating....

Anyways that was a happy and lucky game. :)

ragface
01-13-2010, 07:29 AM
that sounds pretty fun:)
Cool way to start(money talents) a game!