PDA

View Full Version : YAVP: F the Dragon-born troll barbarian

nathrakh
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I generated this character trying to get highest starting strength possible. Took Dragon and answered the questions, and took Strong for starting talent. :)

Started with 34-35 strength and toughness. I dived straight to Dwarftown picking some stoma/moss/spense on the way. Did some quests and crowned with =ice and Vanquisher. There I knew it was gonna be a win. ;)

I'm feeling lazy so I won't write same kind of essee that I wrote of my previous victories. Save you some time too I guess. haha.

Check the .flg tho.

I had only one greater vault and it was undeads so I didn't clear it. The executor, protector and black tome were probably there then. :( Should have cleared after closing the gate I guess.

edit: just realized there is no flg linked. :D Here we go: http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/nathrakh/f.flg

JellySlayer
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I think you were probably wise to avoid the greater vault. Clearing a greater vault as a melee character--especially one with a very short lifespan--is extraordinarily risky. Not getting executor and protector sucks, but Vanquisher isn't a bad second choice, and winning is always better than dying ;)

Dudley
02-04-2010, 06:52 AM
When i see your final base speed score, i cannot not think you should have maked a passage through the bug temple. HUGE increase possible.

nathrakh
02-04-2010, 07:57 AM
No, just no. With troll I already had exp problems, +speed wouldn't have helped in that. And why should I even need more speed? ~120 is more than enough for normal victory.

Dudley
02-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Just before the final dive. No more xp needed. +speed allows using 2x vanquisher in a row on a balor before having to move. that means cleaning the place even with the large DV destruction by not having shield will probably not make you much corrupted.

nathrakh
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I didn't clean the place.