PDA

View Full Version : Level 33, UC 4. What now

kraya
02-08-2010, 03:52 AM
I've been playing an extremely interesting game - very lucky in some areas, not so in others.
Playing crowned lawful high elf priest, level 33, 3000 pts for level 34.

So now I'm back in Sharad Waador's room, 8 corruptions strong and wondering if I should risk the mana temple or try to find ways to get corruption down.

I have 2 blessed SoCRs on me and another 3 in the Ogre cave

I have 399 hp, 200 something PP, all healing spells, all bolt spells, no Lordly Might or Farsight, no ball spells.

Have Purifier and Rolf's Shield/Eternium Tower shield

DV 30 something at berserk, 108 at coward - PV in the 40s

Am I too under powered?

I've been pretty lucky with the Orbs. The ACW gave me a hard time, but 77 blessed spenseweeds meant I could outlast it.
The Stone Beast I lured to a previous level where there was a river. It doesnt cross water! and I pelted it with magic missiles till it crumpled.
Yulgash, melee bashed him after sneaking between his summons - he didnt summon anything that could see invisible
Snake was easy

Background
-------------
Precrowned early by finding an altar and a gnoll hyena vault at same level in UD, got Natures Companion.
Cleared out big room and managed to salvage spenseweed, moss / morgia and stoma patches, harvested stoma in 100s sacced them to get very close, but couldnt get another precrown - I was level 13, and the torc, the armour and the SI had been generated
Finished Rehetep and Griffyard, nothing great from graverobbing, but I had the pleasurable experience of annihilating an emperor lich - weakened with Undead slayers with a Dispel Undead.
Found two steel amulets early and was frikkin ecstatic - but Thrundarrs ID showed them to be necklaces of the eye :(
Took on DF at level 18, bashing steel golems one by one, found Soaker - which I never used.
Got Rolfs shield and axe - no SoCR.
Webbed the cat lord and acid bolted him for one level increase.
Killed a cavern section full of werewolf kings for another.

JellySlayer
02-08-2010, 04:15 AM
You have 5 SoCR and the unicorn quest available to you. My inclination would be to go for the Mana temple as you are (if you have magic missile and invisibility, you may wish to consider killing Sharad-Waador... he's worth up to 8 million XP, and is fairly easy). Bring a spare SoCR in case you pick up stiff muscles or something in the mana temple... Get unicorn cleansing before doing D:50 and you should be set.

Do you have humanoid slayers and good missile skills? That's the easiest way to get through the mana temple. High damage missiles are okay, if a bit time consuming. The archmage is pretty good at shrugging bolts, so it might be tough to kill him with what you've got magic-wise unless your magic missile/acid bolt are really really high powered.

Have you been to the library? 5 SoCR and there's a decent chance of finding a ball spell there. Make sure you pick up stealth if you don't have it.

kraya
02-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I went to the library - like a moron when my stealth was 82. I waited and waited and waited and never got anything beyond the "Pssst" and "Heed the silence" before I figured why he wouldnt talk to me.
Maybe I should visit it again.
Oh, no ball spells there either. Nor Lordly Might or invisibility.

Not much humanoid slaying ammo. Acid bolt is at 15, magic missile at level 21. Missile skills - skilled in bows and cross bows, lots of non stacking eternium quarrels, about 20 demon slaying arrows and some odd lots of dragon slaying quarrels.