PDA

View Full Version : Me is stupid (and merchants are weak)

warheart
02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Stupid shitty overconfident level 33 merchant, died to a mimic hivemind in D:41. It's the first mimic hivemind that kills one of my chars, didn't thing they were that dangerous :( They HADN'T been that dangerous for any other class I had played before, stupid shitty weak merchants :mad: But, how not being confident when you have crown of leadership, executor, bracers of war, Sun's messenger and such things? :P

nathrakh
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't see how this death is merchant's weaknesses' fault.

warheart
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't see it either, just had to blame someone for my stupidity :P

nathrakh
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I know, it's ok.:rolleyes:

fazisi
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Hiveminds are surprisingly tough shit. Imagine my surprise when I attacked a mimic room and found out that *all* of them were hiveminds.

vogonpoet
02-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Yes indeed. I had a pretty saucy (three orbs collected) dual weilding ranger die to one of those last week. I had just finished off some tension room, and was down to around 150 HP, hivemind came round the corner. I was like, ha ha, mimic scum, I laugh at you. I equipped an amulet of free action, set myself to very aggressive, hit left.

You miss the mimic hivemind. You miss the mimic hivemind. The mimic hive mind critically hits you. The mimic hive mind hits you. The mimic hive mind critically hits you. The mimic hive mind critically hits you. You die.

Well crap. Turns out paralysis is not the only weapon in that mimic's arsenal.

I have had a lot of out-of-temple 2-4 orb deaths recently, due to having decided to focus more on dual wielding or just melee, having got used to assessing threats based on shield skill or magical ability. Your PC just walked right up to the AKW, didn't bother disabling the fucker, and stabbed it to death with a dagger of penetration and a crappy adamantium scimitar, you get cocky dammit. Maybe I should consider smithing in order to get myself some more DV...

zeteginara
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
See, I've played both 2-hander wielders, and classes that specialize in dual wielding. But you know what? Nothing beats a good shield for survivability.