PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Bardageness

myrddin
03-20-2008, 11:34 PM
So I completed the puppy quest and was able to avoid the ants at lvl 2 completely but I went back to the pc cave and upon entering the 2nd level I heard "you hear the footsteps of the royal guard."

I had been lucky enough to find a scroll of detect gold. I read my scroll and noted where the vault was - it wasn't too far away from one of the hallways - maybe 3 squares I estimated.

So then I went and hunted down those pesky ants - but instead of attacking them I tamed 4 of them with my music skill and my mandolin. I then led them into the hallway and kept waiting around and eventually they crushed the walls to dust around me enough times in that area that it cleared the way to the vault.

Woo hoo!

rmcin329
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
haha nice, that'll give you a bit of gold early on

Worst Player... ever
03-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Nice... I've always liked bards.

After reading this, I want one with Gemology. Not only can those ants dig that level, but you can take them to another dungeon level and have them dig that. Then you can go back and tame 4 more ants... ;)

Baranor
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
... Longest ... Game ... Ever ...

theotherhiveking
03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
... Longest ... Game ... Ever ...

What has that to do with this?

Worst Player... ever
03-22-2008, 04:41 PM
What has that to do with this?

I'm gonna guess he means that waiting for ants to dig out a level in order to pick up gems would be a painfully long and boring enterprise, since everything freezes if you're not standing there on that level. If so, he's right. I doubt I'd do it myself... I was just talking. :D

Now if you could get some tame ants on levels you just happen to pass through regularly, like the upper levels of the CoC, I still think that might be worthwhile. It's no more scumming than herbalism is.

Dental_floss
03-23-2008, 04:31 AM
But on those levels controlled teleportation, pick-axes, and / of digger are all much faster. By the time you're going up and down the CoC you're almost garunteed to have at least one of these availible.