PDA

View Full Version : web + phase dagger is your friend against king kitty

Sradac
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM
So this was my first time ever, that I had absolutely nothing that slayed humans against the cat lord. Its also been a while since I played adom and I almost got myself killed. Entered his level, got the disconnected from the rest of the world message "Ah crap...I dont remember what floor this is. Oh well im sure i'll be fine." Had nothing that let me see invis on so I ran right into that cat lord surrounded by a pack of blink dogs (very strange companions for him). Got hit for 150hp in 1 round and got my black dragon scale mail damaged. So I immediately remembered where I was.
Threw a potion of blindness at him, moved a few spaces away, and webbed the area. Put on my ancient mummy wrappings sure enough, there he was hostile and blind. After several rounds of switching between casting acid ball and zapping my wands of paralyzing and stunning I finally got him to panic. Out of scrolls of power, very low on PP, and not wanting to use prayers yet, I pulled out my trusty Phase Dagger. Ran up on him and stabbed him relentlessly till he broke out of the webs. Continued chasing him, webbing, stabbing, around the entire floor. I repeated this process for about 10 min till I had enough PP back. Had him critically wounded so i threw a couple improved fireballs his way, and roasted him to death.

The last time I played this drakeling wizard was 5 months ago, and apparently he killed a LOT of cats. Went from level 21 to 26 after killing the cat lord.

so if all else fails, be like me and ALWAYS wish for a phase dagger, you never know when it will save you!

Sradac
03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
someone delete this, wrong forum!