PDA

View Full Version : Worst (Pre)Crowning Luck Ever...

Sadface
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
1st precrown: Black book.
2nd precrown: Hammer of the gods.
Crowning: Shezestriakis.

...Really? I guess I'll be wielding Big Punch till the end...(troll, probably
won't get to a high enough level to get the RCT).

nathrakh
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
IIRC my gnomish merchant got:

precrown: staff of the archmagi
crowning: gauntlets of eternal peace
uselessness: black tome.

Sadface
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Hm, just noticed my post sort of sounded like I was implying big
punch is a bad weapon...It's not, I usually just do not have 28
base strength :p

Dudley
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I remember getting Farslayer,, then the archimagi staff. And getting crowned with shezekatris. Awful
(remember what i think about missle wep)

vogonpoet
03-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Dude, just because you hate missile weapons for no good reason does not make Farslayer a crap precrown. At all. I might as well say getting Executor is a crap precrown, cos I don't like axes, I prefer to use wooden sticks as my main attack choice, ergo all weapons are shit. No, all weapons are not shit (just cat's claw :)), I just chose not to use them.

The precrown-available artifacts are what they are, people who waste time scumming for 3 precrowns (really, one is enough) deserve all they get :)

Dudley
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Dude, just because you hate missile weapons for no good reason does not make Farslayer a crap precrown. At all. I might as well say getting Executor is a crap precrown, cos I don't like axes, I prefer to use wooden sticks as my main attack choice, ergo all weapons are shit. No, all weapons are not shit (just cat's claw :)), I just chose not to use them.

The precrown-available artifacts are what they are, people who waste time scumming for 3 precrowns (really, one is enough) deserve all they get :)
Didn't say it was crap. It's crap for a missileless weapon, that's all i meant. Executor wouldn't be total crap for a non-weapon guy, cuz he could throw it.
And the 3 precrowns was because i had 4 squares with stomafillia in their equations.

Grey
03-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Murphy's rule of ADOM: If you scum for a 2nd precrown you'll get a crap precrown gift. Also, if you play a char with Shezy's Fucking Gauntlets as a possible crowning gift, you will get Shezy's Fucking Awful Gauntlets as a crowning gift.

zasvid
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Didn't say it was crap. It's crap for a missileless weapon, that's all i meant. Executor wouldn't be total crap for a non-weapon guy, cuz he could throw it.

still, it wasn't an awful precrowning set. If I make an artifactless character, I don't bitch that my 3 precrowns were useless :P

vogonpoet
03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't even mind getting the black tome - dilemma free ratling fodder, whats not to like?

Silfir
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
For all the violent disagreeing with Dudley's self-centered "Farslayer is bad" fallacy, the black tome is crap.

That said, complaining about bad precrownings at all is pretty whiny to begin with. You can just not precrown. You save yourself the hassle, the potential disappointment, and the cakewalk if you do actually get good artifacts.

Molach
03-19-2010, 07:21 AM
I've gotten bracers of war, preserver and executor as precrown gifts. Rotten luck. Rest of game was just too easy and boring.

Sadface
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
The problem laid in that the precrowning AND crowning gifts were
all terrible. I would have preferred almost every other artifact to
the three I got, all three of which I sold to Waldenbrook for between
10k and 12k gold.

DumbleDoor
03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
WTF?
Gut isn't on this thread!!!
Don't rely on precrown luck. Though I do feel the FIERY PASSIONATE PAIN!

CheatMan
03-23-2010, 03:08 AM
1st precrown: Black book.
2nd precrown: Hammer of the gods.
Crowning: Shezestriakis.

...Really? I guess I'll be wielding Big Punch till the end...(troll, probably
won't get to a high enough level to get the RCT).

I'd have Shift-Q'd this char out of spite after that kinda crowning.

Sadface
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Funny thing is, I went on to complete the game with that character,
withOUT being able to dig through D:50 and make it a joke. Had to
clear all the jellies, chaos mutants and most of the ghosts by hand.
I sold all the artifacts to Waldy for training money :D