PDA

View Full Version : Weapon information, and large jackal?

Per_Killer
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Alright I'm finally going to ask this now, because I've wondered about it since I started playing. (And the guidebook gives no explaination of it.)
What is the + BEFORE , when reading weapon info? Is it + damage if it's thrown or something?
Like: (+4, 1d6 +3)?
Oh and Large Jackals... I need to kill one. I have only killed one before at this point, any good places to look for one?
Thanks =)

Ars
04-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It's about how likely you are to land a hit. It's compared to your enemy's DV to see if you hit.

Large jackals are pretty much anywhere... Hang out in big room if you want it ASAP.

Silfir
04-02-2009, 12:55 AM
They frequently show up in the pyramid. You'll get them faster than in the Big Room there, I think. Though it also has undead and jackal demons...

Per_Killer
04-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Hmm I think I'll just "scum" bigroom. Just cleared pyramid and the thought occured to me but they were all Jackal Demons.

mike
04-02-2009, 01:57 AM
It's about how likely you are to land a hit. It's compared to your enemy's DV to see if you hit.

Not what it used to be, I'm afraid. Back in the day, if your to-hit was higher than target's DV, it was an automatic hit. Now it's something like 1d(x + to-hit) is compared to DV. Does anyone know the exact formula? I recently missed a goblin with like +200 to hit and I was like, argh what are the odds?

Anyway. Yeah, every little bit helps.

Per_Killer
04-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Grrrrrrrr stupid over-confidence!! When an Ogre Emperor decides to fight back in blind rage, and I am at 92/122 hp... Still, why not back up one spot and shoot that last firebolt from there?? Critically hitted me and I died in CoC just after training Str, Wi and To lots while being sick for a long time :( GRRR! Crown of Fire was nice, is that a random artifact?

psy_wombats
04-02-2009, 02:05 AM
No, just a pretty neat item. There not all that common though.

Elone
04-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Hmm I think I'll just "scum" bigroom.

Why did you put the word into the quotes?

vogonpoet
04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
To make it feel 'racy' and somehow 'dangerous'? (http://www.adom.de/forums/showpost.php?p=14658&postcount=31)