PDA

View Full Version : Loser's tourny?

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Just watching while you're kicked out of the tournament is boaring, isn't it?

So maybe we could have some fun with a special losers' PC or something? Uhm.. like maybe we
try to cooperate on diving as deeply as possible and try to get the Sceptre of Chaos, taking turns?

I was thinking of creating a strong character for this, something like a troll barb or some flavor of wizard perhaps?

Other ideas / suggestions, anyone?

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, I created a char - it's dwarven fighter born in Cup. Only one talent and for some reason I chose Long Stride instead of Hardy - probably not a very good idea.

So, here are my ideas:
1) Who wants to play this char (doesn't matter, you're alive in Duels, you're dead or you're not even participating) posts "I claim this guy" and plays for 1000 turns. You can't play 2 turns consequently, but otherwise you can claim anytime.
2) You must descend 1 level - that's surpsiring, isn't it?
3) If you die, you can't play until the char is completely dead (all active players died and for some time (24 hours for example) no new player appear)
4) When a character dies completely, the winner gets nothing :) except for the feeling of supremacy. After this a new PC is created.
5) ChAoS tactics are allowed - for moar fun.

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, cool idea. I will have some fun with this guy right away. :)

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok, brief report:

ID:1 was full of water, but had swimming skill. Had to swim a lot to reach stairs. Nothing special
happened otherwise (we're still level 1).

At the end of turn, Deadman sees that all his weapons and equipment are now ugly and rusty, so he
drops most of it and equips some shiny coins instead. Then he starts praying, until his god got real mad at him and cursed his inventory. And descended to ID:2.

Have fun. ;-)

PS: oh, and I ate the iron ration, so there is no food left, I'm afraid.

Baranor
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I got it. Of course there is no food. Yarg!

Baranor
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Dead. No equipment and a large spider means lots of poisoning.

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok, my try!

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok, I survived a large spider, made it to lvl2 and ID:4, but then I met a ghul :) Not that this was RNG, as I was Hungry! already.

Also, can someone tell me, what the heck was a vapor rat doing on ID:3?

Irinka
04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
you're doomed because grobblewobble prayed too many times, so monsters are more difficult and the danger level is higher, I guess.

Baranor
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
So we have just made this game into a huge luck sac game. Lovely.

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
you're doomed because grobblewobble prayed too many times, so monsters are more difficult and the danger level is higher, I guess.

No, the char isn't doomed.. It actually is a good thing that some prayers were left ;)

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Could be. It said "you glow in a black light" and then the inventory was cursed. I'm not familiar with angry gods, really. Are we now doomed?

PS: so now Baranor and _Ln_ are both dead? Any others? Can I try to survive the second round now, or is it not my turn?

JellySlayer
04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Could be. It said "you glow in a black light" and then the inventory was cursed. I'm not familiar with angry gods, really. Are we now doomed?

PS: so now Baranor and _Ln_ are both dead? Any others? Can I try to survive the second round now, or is it not my turn?

"You glow in a black light" is cursed inventory. You get 3-4 prayers of this, then you get "I hearby punish thee, puny mortal!", which results in either dooming or inventory destruction depending on what you're equipped with.

[edit]Messages are: "You feel very, very bad." and "Your inventory turns to dust." IIRC.

Irinka
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I wanted to play with you, but I'll pass on that char - it seems to me that it will take longer to download, unzip and write about him than play.
So I'll join in when you'll have something more interesting to play :)

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM

I think you can try as I'm under impression, that this situation is very bad - no food and food preservation, no healing, no armor...

fazisi
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Can people still in the DttD compete in the loser's tourny? If so, you'll have to wait for me to get my kick at this guy

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok, I died too. Shall we start a new character? This was kind of lame. I will be a bit less chaotic next round, hunestly.

JellySlayer
04-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Try something like a human monk. Should be able to take that pretty far I would think. Monks are awesome for ID diving.

fazisi
04-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I tried and got him to level 3 but kobold chieftain fucked up my shit.

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Jellyslayer's suggestion sounds good to me?

Here's a monk, please take good care of him.

_Ln_
04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I'll take it and the finally get some sleep.. Duh..

EDIT: All right, I decided to take us really deep in the first 1000 turns, but heck, I spent almost 300 turns on 1 level looking for a secret door. We're on that level, btw. Fritz is standing near the down staircase, since he was milking a goblin for rocks - we have a fair amount of them, smth like 15, so you can kill him for good.

We are level 5, healing almost 90, also Dodge, Athletics, Food Pres and Alertness were pumped a bit. +1 To and +1 St thanks for Athletics. Talent taken was Hardy as we really lack PV (thought +3PV hat owns)

Irinka
04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll take care of him now.

EDIT:
Entered I6. There was a mixed tension room with dark elven wizard, who summoned spiders. I descended quickly, but a spider followed me and poisoned a few times before I could kill him.
BUT i picked up one potion before entering that room - and after drinking it I felt relieved! So I guess this char is a lucky guy, finding potion of cure poison right before being poisoned.

level up! Alertness, athletics, dodge, find weakness. Talent - tough skin
Descended, explored a bit, then went back to room with stairs to regain some hp and my turns ended.

Well, good luck!

grobblewobble
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Not much to report, except that I took the time to build up his strength, slowly.

Reached level 8, installed poison resistance, pumped healing and first aid.
Dropped some non-stacking ammo.
Switched to unarmed combat, as it is dealing much more damage than the staff now.
We have plenty of food, but HP are not full.
I went 1 turn over the limit, hope you forgive me.

Oh, and we are on ID:9 now.

Enjoy.

Maul
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
I claim this guy.

Maul
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
The ruby ring in sight turned out to be a ring of protection +1, which I equipped on my left hand. I find the staircase immediately afterwards but continue onwards. I find an ogre room. I lure back a few ogres and kill them. One of the corpses gives me +1 St, but then I descend after about 10 ogres because of the risk of an ogre magus. Next level, I find a leather armor, which I try on, since I like PV. It's standard 0/2, however it's cursed. So 1 PV gained for 3 DV loss. Because of a vortex on the level I descend once again. I get an orc room emptied onto me and I run from it - finding the staircase again. Descend. I'm now on I12. I decided to explore this level as well. Here's where I leveled up; I chose Iron Skin. I found another ogre room in the southwest - that's where the ogres are coming from. I fought them until my HP got to about 50% then escaped with one ogre corpse, which is still not eaten. The ogres are to the west.

Changes during session: +1 St, +2 PV from equipment, +1 PV from talent, -3 DV from equipment. No other equipment changes of any note.

(I left behind all weapons so you guys can fight on unarmed. Chaotic or not? Well, I trained up the skill a bit, so it's hard to answer.)

_Ln_
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll play now.

EDIT: Duh, today's not my day apparently. 1stly, I prayed to get armor destroyed - we are a monk, so it's not -3DV, but -9DV.. Immediately after this I met a fire vortex still being bloated (thanks, Maul ;)) - and my robe burned away.. I descend a few times, but than happily met a stone statue, ran from it. Then I chose the wrong door and open tension room instead of the room with staircase and there's a clay golem. I start running for the only unexplored room and a blink dog teleports just in the only tile where it could block me. Oh well, killed him on coward and slowed, waited to get my speed back, got to the door. Of course it's locked, I kick it, it explodes in my face, leaving 2 hp and a clay golem decides to hit through 33 DV and kill me just at the same time...

grobblewobble
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow, I did a lot worse. Should have read Mauls report closer, was killed by an Ogre Magus.

Baranor
04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
People haven't played Fritz in a while so I decided that I would take my turn. I eluded the pesky ogre magus by using another ogre as a meat shield. Killed my meat shield then descended. On the next level I explored to get us some better equipment, and opened a door to a chaos knight, I quickly closed the door hoping that he hadn't seen me. As it turned out he hadn't so I explored a bit more and found some gloves to replace our think gauntlets. Not really an upgrade, but does eliminate the penalties to attack. I also found an uncursed onyx ring. We are wearing it currently. I descended one more level once I had explored everything but the room with the knight.

I finished my 1000 turns standing on the down staircase. Just to note the weapon that we remember seeing in the hallway down and to the left of us is in fact a mimic of some kind. I know because it was blocking the path of another monster. I chose not to tangle with it.

No chaotic tactics because I believe in Karma!

Baranor
04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Oops! Here's the file.

CConner187
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
i decided to hop in, i hope thats okay lol

little description: i went down the level found a trapped door shredded alot of his items, same thing happened the very next door, lost most of his items lol sorry but the one he didnt seem to lose was the cursed armor bad luck. sensed tension room full of zombies killed em fairly easy. found a blue D killed him went to the right of the map found some brown J's went back so thats whats on that side of the map, sorry i went 2 turns over

Maul
04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm playing him now.

EDIT: Descended, equipped thick gauntlets. Next room contained a ghul, an orc scorcher and a shambling mound. Killed the ghul, then backed off from the mound and tried all scrolls, potions and wands. The unidentified wand is one of digging, by the way. The last scroll turned out to be one of darkness, which I used to kill the orc, then I tried to run for the stairs, but the mound descended with me. Fortunately, there was a river on the next level, which I crossed, leaving the mound. Here, I waited until turn 7000. The south appears to be cut off from the north by the river but with our swimming skills it's manageable (I think I lost no more than 8 HPs each turn while in the river). Also, mind the tension room on this level - whereabouts unknown.