PDA

View Full Version : The RNG giveth... and the RNG taketh...

RndmNumGenerator
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
My most recent character was a Drakeling Paladin. He got off to a really good start - after entering the SMC he found an Adamantium Halberd of Devastation, Short Bow of Accuracy(complete with arrows), a Hooded Cloak[+4, +0] and despite a Gelatenous Cube sitting ontop of it, the waterproof blanket. The problem came as he was trying to leave the SMC: I was working my way to the down staircase(closer then the up one) when I found a cave tiger as I was passing through a long corridor. I couldn't walk around it(due to the corridor) so instead I backtracked into a room, turned around and went back through the corridor, this time with the cave lion behind me instead of in front of me. With the help of my speed talents I put some distance between us, enough to dispose of any monsters in my way before the lion caught up again. As I was approaching the staircase, a rat appeared in the hallway. No biggie, kill it and move on. Then another, and another, and another... Crap. A wererat was in the staircase room. I started slaughtering the rats, but the cave lion soon caught up, and...

"The cave lion critically hits you. The cave lion punches through your armor and hits you. You die..."

From 60ish HP to 0 in one turn. I shoulda just killed the damn cat...