PDA

View Full Version : ADOM in a Movie

BFJMovie
05-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi all (and Thomas)

I have been an ADOM player for more than 10 years. I am currently producing an action comedy feature film in Sydney Australia called "Brute Force Justice".

The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D.

The film features some scenes with him interacting with another character who is playing ADOM in the background. The characters then briefly comment on what sort of ending they have achieved in the game.

I would like to get Thomas' blessing/go ahead to use screen shots from the game in the film. There has also been a suggestion that one character have a T-shirt on which has the word ADOM on it.

It would mean the world to us if you would allow us to do this. We would attempt to meet any stipulation you may have.

We can send you a copy of the script for your approval as well.

Many Thanks

Gareth Q Barrett

gut
05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
>The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D

I feel as though I am perfect for this part.

Silfir
05-23-2010, 02:25 PM
This is the closest we will likely ever get to a ADOM movie adaptation! (Added the word "likely" because I would love to live in a world in which an ADOM movie starring a CGI @ were made.)

I definitely advise writing an email to Thomas, if you haven't already, if you want a timely response.

(btw what ending DID the big hulking rambo guy achieve? I imagine regular ending with either troll barbarian, or high elven wizard - with the other guy giving him a confused look and him saying "What? Wizards pwn in this game" or something. Good thing I don't write for movies.)

Cash
05-23-2010, 04:57 PM
i would like to see a movie done completely in ascii

zzo38
05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
i would like to see a movie done completely in asciitowel.blinkenlights.nl (port 23)

ChaosMuffin
05-24-2010, 02:44 AM
there is also an ascii version of starwars somewhere out there, do a search 'cause im too lazy

vogonpoet
05-24-2010, 07:44 AM
telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl (port 23)

there is also an ascii version of starwars somewhere out there, do a search 'cause im too lazy

Where starwars, where?

Soirana
05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
http://www.asciimation.co.nz/ this one?

flibble
05-24-2010, 08:48 AM
I think a character should be playing ADOM in the background while other events are happening, and should randomly call out stuff like, "Aw, crap! Uber-jackals again!" or "He shrugs it? Well, shrug THIS!"

Epythic
05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi all (and Thomas)

I have been an ADOM player for more than 10 years. I am currently producing an action comedy feature film in Sydney Australia called "Brute Force Justice".

The main character is similar to Rambo with one main difference - he plays D&D.

The film features some scenes with him interacting with another character who is playing ADOM in the background. The characters then briefly comment on what sort of ending they have achieved in the game.

I would like to get Thomas' blessing/go ahead to use screen shots from the game in the film. There has also been a suggestion that one character have a T-shirt on which has the word ADOM on it.

It would mean the world to us if you would allow us to do this. We would attempt to meet any stipulation you may have.

We can send you a copy of the script for your approval as well.

Many Thanks

Gareth Q Barrett

Hi BFJMovie,

welcome to the forums. And I personally really really love the idea of seeing Adom in a movie. Make sure to post the name of the movie here when it's done. :)

I think you should email Thomas directly with this. Otherwise its unlikely that he'll ever find this thread anytime soon.

The Metro Gnome
05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Is this gonna be a full length movie theater style movie? Or just a home project that you wish to put on Youtube or something? What language is it gonna be in anyway?

yisk
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
World of ADoM is very little different from the standard fantasy world. What sense to make a film about it?

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
05-28-2010, 06:29 AM
as I understood this is going to be just a small episode in the movie where ADOM will be mentioned.

BFJMovie
05-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Hello again everyone

I am glad everyone likes the idea. Where can I find Thomas' Email address? Could someone MSG it to me privately?

The film is to be a straight to DVD/Cable feature starring Professional Mr. Universe Winner John Terilli. If we can get a theatre release that would be great, however that depends on the distributors and who picks it up at the film markets. It will be in English. Even though it is being filmed in Australia, the setting is a ficticious "American" generic city - New Port City.

The story takes its inspiration from Commando, Rambo, Under Siege and a slew of other well known and loved films. It is an action comedy. The response to the script has been extremely favourable.

The movie has a fledgling FaceBook page "Brute Force Justice"

There is also a quick trailer on YouTube (a scene we shot to give an idea of style and humor).

and www.bruteforcejustice.com

Thanks

BFJMovie

fazisi
05-29-2010, 05:09 AM
LOL "Who the fuck is Rambo?"

You can contact TB at:

Thomas Biskup
Timmerbrinksweg 37
45896 Gelsenkirchen
Germany

or