PDA

View Full Version : Gardening

Baranor
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
How the heck do you do this?! I have had herb seeds. I have been on levels that have herbs on them. I have tried putting herb seeds in water. I am so lost on this. I would like to create a garden, but I can't seem to get anything to grow.

On a side note, does the room that smells of herbs and antiseptics have the same characteristics as a level that has herbs?

Kato
03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I have no idea with gardening either, but I thought it had to be done in a wilderness setting or something like that? But again...I am clueless and that's pure speculation.

rmcin329
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
i usually find enough herbs to last me on the huge cavernous lvl of the Coc(like lvl 7 or something). With the herbalism skill just figure out which are the ones you want, then pick unessecary ones to make a 2 x 2 pattern which is stable, and there you have it. I think on my current game i've got like 4 2 x 2 patches containing almost every(if not all) herb on that lvl.

gut
03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
You must have the gardening skill to use herb seeds.
Farmers start with herb seeds and the gardening
skill. You can generate a farmer, enter a dungeon level,
and 'a'pply the gardening skill. You will plant an herb
seed in the ground, and if lucky, will get an herb patch.
For a stable herb patch you must have at least three
bushes. Example:
""
"
The forth will generate on it's own, after a bit of time
passes. Because the bushes are created with herb seeds,
any level you plant them in, will become an 'herb level'.
This allows herbs to regenerate on the level.

You can also 'u'se holy water on the ground, to have
a ~33% chance to generate herb patches. This will
not make the level an 'herb level' though, so this is
most useful for levels that already support herb
regeneration.

Dental_floss
03-23-2008, 04:32 AM
If you have and apply gardening will those herbs grow on a non-herb level?

Dougy
03-23-2008, 05:15 AM
The last time I used gardening (many years ago now): You 'apply' the skill and then pour holy water on the ground and herbs grow, regardless of where you are inside a dungeon. However, if you are on a non-herb level, that is a level that did not have herbs initially, then the herbs you planted won't behave according to the game of life. They will grow, but only on that square.

I checked what gut said above about farmers: You can plant herbs on non-herb levels and they will grow according to the game of life.

theotherhiveking
03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Also you can use the survival skills while bloated for free seeds, or in a water square to get raw fish, witch is useful to tame these damnable cats.

Doalag
03-23-2008, 11:04 PM
You get plant seeds from wilderness, not herb seeds. Well at least it's what I only find.