PDA

View Full Version : More Lawful monsters?

deepshock
03-22-2008, 01:47 AM
One of the few things in ADOM that disappointed me was the scarcity of lawful monsters that AREN'T guaranteed town NPCs (and suitable lawful opponents). Perhaps Jade could allow for more guaranteed lawful opponents so that, for example, a Chaotic PC may have to fight a greater solar in a tower of Order as a major foe. Conversely, a Lawful PC could get quests from that same solar. There would still be the reverse.

What does the community think?

Sradac
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
yes definatly i agree, i got tired of only being able to fight bling dogs and certain ratlings for lawful enemies.

theotherhiveking
03-22-2008, 08:49 PM
One of the few things in ADOM that disappointed me was the scarcity of lawful monsters that AREN'T guaranteed town NPCs (and suitable lawful opponents). Perhaps Jade could allow for more guaranteed lawful opponents so that, for example, a Chaotic PC may have to fight a greater solar in a tower of Order as a major foe. Conversely, a Lawful PC could get quests from that same solar. There would still be the reverse.

What does the community think?

You hit the nail, i hate when you are the hero that must save the world, and everything else is evil.

Dougy
03-23-2008, 03:04 AM
Yes, good idea. So lets think of some lawful monsters to add in. Ideas: holy serpent, centaur, fawn, angel, sphinx, pheonix, mermaid/merman, writhing mass of primal order, ...

Hmm... List of legendary creatures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures)

Sradac
03-23-2008, 03:19 AM
high elves, grey elves, dwarfs of all kinds. im sure in these races kingdoms thered be a good chance of encountering them either hunting groups in the wild, explorers, adventurers or even raid a small elven settlement or a dwarf mining team. lots of fun stuff to do playing as a baddy.