PDA

View Full Version : An intense darkforge trip

Dudley
11-30-2010, 04:22 PM
So, i make the trip to darkforge, idea being to get some good armor and weapons. I got *slightly* better ones, but not much.
Controlled teleport was badly targeted, and i land in the left side... oh crap. In EXACT middle of all golems. 50 hp left.
So i think, time to teleport again. "you wretch one last charge from the worn out wand..." ... Well, at least i teleported. Inside the weapons room. Where i get an adamantium 2-handed sword (barbarian). Cool, use second Tp wand to get to armor room. Crystal plate mail. Tp to pools. first drink : "You suddenly hate the thought of jumping around". Then i drink and it dries, and i only get -Death from all those pools...
Damn. Now i have to get through those golems. I think that with my 92 stealth, i'd pass, but no... They spot me easily. So i start mowing one down, and retreat at 50 hp. go back to pools, laugh at the golem who fears rusting. Regenerate, finish him. Try tp to get to stairs... meet the artificier and his friends. Retreat on coward. use kherab as shield. for 10 days, kill Steel golems and regenerate behind K (pool rooms was a nice disposition allowing quick swimming behind him. get his first quest and leave after having killed all right-side golems save top right one who never woke.

Dudley
11-30-2010, 05:14 PM
This is fun. I just killed a shoppy who had the ring of immunity in his stock :p.

Dudley
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
ranting time. I have gained the poisonned hands AND the astral plane. And i do not have thick gauntlets or Tp control. fuck crowning.
And i just thought of something... how am i going to get enough Corruption removal to finish game?

Grey
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Go back to DF and get a pool wish for Khelly?

Molach
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Poison hands is a pretty bad one, agreed. Mainly because one tends to auto-pickup all potions. But astral without TP is no problem. So you bounce around. So what? It's gotta be at least as annoying for the monsters trying to kill you. Just breathe easy, walk the line, again, and again, do not get your blood pressure up even if you were 1 step away from the stairs, you'll get it next time. Astral is nice for your survival. Your PC, not your personal (re: blood pressure).

However, things take longer, so combined with poison hands those together might contrive to starve you to death. But if you somehow have enough food, no worries. After the RNG watches you bounce around 10-20 levels it usually sends a yellow dog so you can get on with it and win the game.

JellySlayer
11-30-2010, 09:20 PM
how am i going to get enough Corruption removal to finish game?

Do the Rift. That usually gives enough for a closer. If you're desperate, you can do bug temple too.

Have you grabbed the SoCR from HMV yet?

Grey
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Do the Rift. That usually gives enough for a closer. If you're desperate, you can do bug temple too.

Have you grabbed the SoCR from HMV yet?

You recommend the two sources of cursed SoCRs to the man with poison hands... :P

Silfir
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Well, he can uncurse them, can't he? Without thick gauntlets poison hands is enough of a bitch to justify drastic measures.

Dudley
12-01-2010, 10:45 AM
All pools are drained, and, beside, this is a raw steel man. Saving Khelly is Lawful and therefore forbidden by his current code of honour.
I remembered that i had stolen this great ring shop and that i had a ring of tp controln from it. So there it goes :p.
Also, my questionning about corruption removal is that since i'm playing raw steel, i'm disallowed from 4 sources of corruption removal :
1) Khelly
2) Dwarven mystic
3) Guth'alak
4) White Unicorn.
And that i still have to do a chaos god ending. Thanks for reminder about HMV and bug temple.
On another question : Does guth'alak give the save unicorn quest to Chaotic characters?
OPn yet another note : I'm back in darkforge because the corruption i have before poison hands is ... Thin and nimble. I do NOT want to lose that one. So hunting Dwarven chaos knights till i get the gloves :p (or get yet another corruption)

Grey
12-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Guth'Alak gives the unicorn quest, but the white unicorn will be hostile and not tell you about the corrupted glade, making it impossible to get the quest to kill whitey without turning neutral.