PDA

View Full Version : Registering on the forums

adom-admin
01-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Quick update: Registering for the forums no longer is automatic. And you will be forced to write a few sentences about why you want to register. If I don't like it you are not going to get in. Sorry for the inconvenience but I am both fed up with spambots and with wondering about whether a user registration is from a spambot or not. Hopefully this will help. Sadly it will also slow down registrations as I do not have the time to check the queue daily (probably only weekly).

More measures (e.g. additional administrators) to be introduced as soon as I find the time to do so.

Greetings

Thomas

nathrakh
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Well it may annoy new comers but I'm sure everyone can pay that as a price for spam-free forum. :-)

And concerning the additional admins/moderators: okay idea, altho the users here are quite wise and I haven't seen much reason for moderators. Some, but not much. There are lots of people here who could moderate well, gut/Grey/Silfir for instance ("strangely" they are also the members with most posts, just a coincidence!)

Toan
01-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I doubt there's going to be flame wars going on anytime soon, and if so, it's probably going to be about TH.

Albahan
01-21-2011, 08:17 AM
I'd add Jellyslayer and Soirana to the list of possible admins. They have certainly demonstrated (as best as one can over a forum) some level of trustworthiness and have earned the respect of this community.

grobblewobble
02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
For some reason, from the moment this message was posted I was no longer able to login without checking the "remember me" box. I've never experienced this problem before. I thought I had been banned or marked as a spambot. Quite happy to find out that this isn't the case, but still.. I wonder what could be causing this.

Siuol
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
" New Posts" Link also doesn't work properly for me; only lets me view posts updated in last 24 hours (not so much of a problem):

vBulletin Message
Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here.