PDA

View Full Version : Free at last! Well kind of!

foxfire29
05-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi again all, its beyond time I went for another Adom excursion. Just finish my 3rd year so free at last :) for a good few weeks, hehe being a bit older than the average Uni student I have to say (The hardships of Uni life! J/K :D)

Good place to be atm so anyway moving swiftly on to important matters! Time for ADOM! I need to get to grips with herbalism once and for all this time and go for crowning.

Hope the community is still blasting away through ADOM (If theres any RLs that come close to ADOM since last time I posted feel free to say, in saying that its analagous to those that seek the Holy Grail I bet!)

Its good to have some relax time!
Foxfire29

Grey
05-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Good to see you back. ADOM is impossible to escape from forever ;-) I've been playing a lot of ToME4 lately though... :-/

foxfire29
05-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Thanks Grey,

I have had a blast of Tome 4 as well, found it a little tough to get started, is well done game though. I just dont know what it is about Adom, its got something that seems to be missing from other roguelikes that sometime may arguably have more features, cant put my fingure on it. The one that came closest to the same kind of addiction feel was Nethack (Although it didnt have a world map)

I dont know what it is about crawl, I just cant seem to rate it the same despite the vast majority saying it wins, I dont know if its because I played it first with tiles? (KNow that may sound totally stupid)

I like the tome character unlocks but at the same time to get magey characters unlocked I had to play classes I dont like and then when I finally managed it; its like I didnt fancy the idea of doing that from the start? Probably need to give it another chance. I actually like Tome 3 but its a tad grindy

Im looking for some kind of roguelike RPG game atm as well , cant find one though. I know people say diablo but not that, wanting ascii (Not that interactive fiction either) - I did enjoy legerdemain for a time but dont like that fact I have to buy a questbook before I know what the game is like (I have came close to buying multiple times but they dont answer questions on the forum even 1 simple one so I didnt bother)

Anyways its good to be back, like a yoyo comming back to this place :D , hunt for roguelikes, realise they still arent better than Adom or Nehack-> conceed -> have another game!

Like yer site btw Grey, dont think that was up last time I was on these forums? Cool that you are doing the developing, I have been busy getting myself educated for the last while as well, I am ready to try and finish a sort of first draft/pre alpha version of a roguelike I was developing, if I dont spent too much time procrastanating and improving things to the point of feature creep I should manage it this time since I reworked my strategy whereby last time I achieved a "Proof of Concept" for every base element, (Random dungeon - was damn messy but gotta start somewhere right?) , breadth first AI (After months of trial and error and in the end it wasnt so bad) , Drawing the Map, movement , so on the way only thing I am worried about is line of site but I am considering not caring about it so I can get my first RL finished and then adding a simple system because improvements have slowed me down whereas if I get 1 thing finished I think it will help me more in terms of lessons learned. (Hope you get on/are getting on well with development)

gut
09-09-2011, 09:58 AM
someone is heading for an infraction...