PDA

View Full Version : Bardess- A combat demo of a new roguelike I'm making.

deepshock
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
After a week modifying an existing, abandoned project, I've managed to allow one person to battle other mooks in a featureless 50x50 area, but I intend on having a multiple person party, a classic dungeon crawl, an endless survival mode, a more tightly regulated "Slay x enemies" mode, and lastly a full on campaign mode.

Player characters can pick up items, use lesser techniques, and use greater techniques at a higher level. Progress notes are in the attachment, with future plans.

deepshock
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Here's 0.2. I intend to send 0.3 in anywhere from a few days to a week.

0.2 fixes the interface a little bit and allows for lesser and greater techniques, as well as unique abilities. Limited help documentation also available.

deepshock
07-08-2011, 05:59 PM
0.3 is here now.

All techniques and traits work
Multiple character parties now work
Interface overhauled to minimize clutter
Minor bugs with frame timing and item use fixed
Enemies other than generic humans available
Verbose character information available (press L)

I plan to bring out 0.4 in a month (though it may take longer depending on a number of factors). This will represent the first version of this game that isn't a combat demo, with a 100 floor randomized dungeon known as the Caverns al-Azar.

Bianca, The Ascendant Bard and the first one chosen by the Resonant Voice, has designed a large, somewhat unstable dungeon to test potential heroes and high bards for the dangers they have been called to face.
Start with one character and recruit up to five more as you descend. Fight bosses or large mobs every 5 floors. Defeat the Ascendant Bard at floor 100 and prove yourself worthy of the challenge!

Edit: 0.3a still had bugs involving unit stacking with PCs, characters still beating on downed and dead units and a crash related to choosing glyphs in the character selection screen. 0.3b is up now, minus these things.

deepshock
08-22-2011, 11:10 PM
0.4 is here.

I've fixed more bugs, and I've added a dungeon crawl mode.
In addition, I've:

Made walls fully functional
Color coded the characters
Added saving and loading
Allowed AI characters to do things other than move and attack
Added more help and keybinding documentation
Enabled key remapping

NOTE: AI might still be rough around the edges. If you see any particularly derpy AI behavior (or -any- bugs I missed or things I need to do with the next version), let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

The next update will be a general refinement patch where I improve on existing functionality and -really- go to work on AI issues and any others that people manage to find.

deepshock
09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/bardesstemp/ is where the game is hosted for now. I'll build a proper site over September.

deepshock
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Version 0.5(Peer Review Candidate, revision 3) is up as of right now.

https://sites.google.com/site/bardesstemp/