PDA

View Full Version : YASD: Mountain Dwarf

Moeba
07-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Moeba, the mountain dwarf fighter, was the first to prove that the world of Ancardia is round. Or at least the first documented PC to have done so.
Moeba advanced to lvl 7, more or less (don't know exactly anymore) and managed to enter lvl 4 of a forboding tunnel. Then, he was stupid enough to save his game, which he wasn't able to restore.

The restore did work earlier for the same character, only on the 4th lvl of the cave it stopped working.

Laukku
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Ancardia is round? Rubbish! It's a torus!

(Honestly, globes don't wrap around like that.)

And as I mentioned earlier, my brother already completely explored The Ancardia, in about 14 years.

...we need a YASD subforum for JADE.

Moeba
07-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Heh good thing I know what a torus is. For those who don't, it's like the surface of a doughnut.

Yes, topologically it is like a torus, and not round like a pancake :). But also a torus is round in two ways, from each place you can make 2 circles, basically.

Maybe we should elaborately discuss the torus-ness of the Ancardia and its symbolic meanings in this thread? Why, for instance, did the creator prefer the shape of the torus over that of the globe? Isn't the globe round in a more beautifully simple way?
And don't go around saying that it was just more convenient to program a torus than a globe; death to the doubters of the creator's programming abilities! ;)

Grey
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Indeed, clearly he wants us all to eat more doughnuts and wear more jade jewellery!

Aielyn
07-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Perhaps the decision to make it toroidal is a hint as to the release date of 1.0.0?

Could it be between 20th of April and 21st of May? Under the starsign of Taurus?

gut
07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Maybe it was the funny joke Silfir once explained to us about the
Berliner/doughnut Kennedy thing? JADE is a Berliner.