PDA

View Full Version : Jade 0.1.2

Laukku
07-18-2011, 06:30 AM
So, what new stuff you have encountered? I met a five-headed hydra on the 9th level of a dungeon. :D

Judging by this particular update, the new monsters are either all various hydras of fantastic beasts:

* One new monster type with eight subtypes has been added.
I assumed them to be undead at first due to mention of them.

EDIT: The 5-headed hydras are way too easy. They can barely scratch me (maybe because I have 11 PV).

Al-Khwarizmi
07-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I think the new monsters in this release are probably 1- to 8- headed hydras.

TB said that the next one will be a "content release" and he will focus on adding more items and monsters, though.

adamalive
07-21-2011, 06:46 AM
The 5-headed hydras are way too easy. They can barely scratch me (maybe because I have 11 PV).

I noticed that too. They aren't nearly as tough to beat as orcish brutes, which seems odd to me ;)

Pustka
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Im currently on 14th lvl of dungeon. Already axed myself through couple levels of 5, 6 and 7-headed hydras. The 7-headed are already a little hard but still seem to be weaker then oricsh brute :) Just met my first 8-headed hydra but managed to get rid of it quickly :D I wonder if the dungeon is deep enough will i reach 13-headed hydraas. 5-13 that would made 8 subtypes mentioned by Thomas.

KnightGranham
07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
can anyone post the link here

Aielyn
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Here, KnightGranham: http://www.adom.de/jade/downloads/javawebstart/index.php

Anyway, KnightGranham makes a good point by asking - to find the download, you need to go through a fair rigmarole from the front page of adom.de, and you need to know where to look, because it's not under "Downloads".

The front page needs to have a link to the new JADE blog, at the very least, and should also have a link to where you can download the development versions of JADE.

Baranor
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm certainly not complaining, but my guess is that the range of possible values for things shouldn't be this wide.

My Mountain Dwarf started with [+8,+5] Steel Chain Mail.

Awesome.

adamalive
07-22-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm certainly not complaining, but my guess is that the range of possible values for things shouldn't be this wide.

My Mountain Dwarf started with [+8,+5] Steel Chain Mail.

Awesome.

I had a similar encounter with a steel cap [+6, +3] dropped by a monster (posted at http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=296)

Definitely seems like a mistake ;)

Dudley
07-30-2011, 08:44 PM
There's also new messages when you kill somebody in town. My favorite is : ""Help me protect my wife!" The shopkeeper hapilly rings his bell" or something of the kind.