PDA

View Full Version : Can't download JADE 0.1.2

Dervi
07-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Win XP here... I downloaded JADE 0.1.0 and it was working perfectly. Now I try to download JADE 0.1.2... and no luck. Clicking on the "Launch" button displays the "Java 6" splash screen, then it closes and nothing else happens. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the Javascript which checks that Java 1.6.0_24 is installed... when it's actually 1.6.0_26 (at least that's the latest version I got on my PC).
Any ideas?

gut
07-23-2011, 06:01 PM
check your firewall settings first.
maybe delete the previous jade installations next.

xan
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I also had this problem, I just clicked view source on the page and found the link to the jnlp file then launched it manually.
The link looked like this "http://www.adom.de/jade/downloads/javawebstart/0.1.2/jade.jnlp"

What browser are you using? I'm using chrome.

Dervi
07-24-2011, 01:22 AM
No firewall here... and I already deleted the previous JADE installation.
As suspected, once I also deleted Java from my computer, the link reinstalled it first (and 1.6.0_26 instead of 1.6.0_24) and the download started normally.
Now the install created a link on my desktop, but when I launch JADE, I get the Windows error message box: "jawaw.exe had a problem and needs to close. Please report this error to Microsoft..."
Error log gives 0xc0000005 error (access violation) in java.dll :(
However, JADE launches correctly and I can play normally if I don't close that error message box. But it's clearly an issue that needs to be solved...

gut
07-24-2011, 02:39 AM
virus scan shows you are clean?

do windows update, put adom.de on your 'trusted sites' in internet options...

Dervi
08-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Figured out a way to download JADE... but this is not really intuitive.

After clicking on the "Launch button" and letting the "Java 6" splash screen disappear without doing anything, I enter the Java console (Start/Parameters/Configuration Panel/Java) and click on the "Display..." button from the Temporary Internet Files group box.
Selecting the "Applications" entry from the Java cache viewer should display one line: JADE. Clicking on "Execute online" should start the donwload...

However, this doesn't prevent the javaw.exe crash :(