PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Depth

Batman?
07-28-2011, 04:46 PM
is the dungeon depth capped? I got to level 6 or 7 of a dungeon and coulndt find a down stairs. Im not sure if that is because it didnt exist or if there were items on top and I couldnt see it.

also are any of the skills implemented yet? Im not clear on that.

EbbeLockert
07-30-2011, 01:43 AM
To answer your last question: No skills are not implemented yet. The names are, and so is leveling them up, but they have no effect. The creator stated that they will start having an effect in 0.1.3, i.e. the next version. And I would not expect all of them to have an effect even them, just the more simple. Dodge will probably start working, necromancy not.

Regards to levels, I have no clue. I've never had the patience to venture that deep in the early versions, I'm more happy to run around on the overworld map. But I would love it if dungeons were pretty restricted in depth: It is a good feeling knowing you have cleaned out an entire dungeon, knowing that you are done. Some dungeons might be infinite, or very long, but I prefer the majority to be rather short. Thinking about it, an important issue in game design is variation, and having restricted size of a dungeon lets you get a change of pace (or change of dungeon) once in a while.

gut
07-30-2011, 02:43 AM
yet I still favor healing for some odd reason

EbbeLockert
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
The worst part is that I spend like 10 minutes during character creation to give the character a balanced set of skills that fits the "class". There are simply too many skills to choose from :p

Baranor
08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I figured that at most the physical skills were implemented so I have been maxing one of those just for poops and giggles.