PDA

View Full Version : Unable to launch/download Jade on Ubuntu

zup
08-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I have been trying to play Jade on my Ubuntu (latest version afaik) without success. On the download page when I click launch, it simply takes me to some Java download page. I definitely have Java installed on my system so I'd rather not download more. The following output is from my shell.

xxxx@xxxx:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.2) (6b22-1.10.2-0ubuntu1~11.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
Does anybody know if it is a wrong version or what? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Al-Khwarizmi
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
JADE doesn't work with those unstable betas of OpenJDK that the people at Ubuntu insist on shipping by default against all common sense.

You have to install the official Java by Sun, which is also available at Ubuntu repositories.

zup
08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you very much. I got Jade downloaded and running.

Where_is_S
08-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I saw a similar problem in the title but the solution didn't help for me :( I have correct Java version installed and the Launch button downloads .jnlp file. After that the file is executed, another downloader starts and loads some files. I can't see what exactly is happening there because downloader finishes too quickly showing a list of files and 100% progress.

And after all of that... Nothing. Just nothing. There are no errors nor warnings; JADE just does not execute.

Will be very glad if somebody gives any advice.

berta
08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Please post the result of "ls /usr/lib/jvm" executed in a terminal. This will show your java installations.
You can also try to launch "ControlPanel" to remove JADE and then install it again.