PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

magpie
08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm from Australia and play a lot of ADOM- more since I quit WoW. :)

I've never finished a game of ADOM- the closest I have gotten were two (seperate) GE Wizards, who both died on the Archmage's level through being completely drained of PP, not having enough scrolls of power and stuff like that.

(On the other hand, the closest I come to scumming is pursuing Herbalism- no savescums, rings of weakness, or anything like that.)

I've gotten rather fond of Assassins and Rangers lately too.

Anyway, what I really got this account for was, those times when I get a promising character to the mid-game, and usually do something dumb and die out of impatience... now, I can come on here and ask for some advice, instead.

Grey
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on dropping that most evil habit of WoW and coming back to the far more corrupt habit of ADOM... ;)

My first piece of advice for you is don't worry when you run out of PP as a wizard - just keep casting out of HP. The potential loss of Ma is totally worth it, especially late game. Just keep an eye on your health so you don't cast yourself to death... :/

gut
08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
i would suggest playing on a server, but the ping from australia to, well, anywere
would probably be well over 200ms.

anyway, if you reached the mana temple, you were just a hair from winning. I say
give it another go and abuse mana like there's no tomorrow

_Ln_
08-15-2011, 11:02 PM
If magic isn't helping (and you're battling Chaos Archamage after all), change the strategy - for example, poisoned humanoid slayers are just so much better. Archmage holds the 1st place on the easiness scale along with Stone Beast (Snake has stupid water, ACW is ACW, Ygghaz can summon some tough crap) as long as you remember to equip accordingly, dig a 4-5 vertical line room just outside the Mana Temple, web it, lure him out (boring part), stand in his range of glowing balls and do the shooting stuff (boring but awesome part).

Also, if you just can't win with wizards, leave it be. I MM'd myself about 2 or 3 times on high levels and just gave up :)

And thumbs up for Rangers and Assassins - my favourite classes out there (although maybe I'm just a dual-wielding nut).