PDA

View Full Version : YAVP: DE Beastfighter

Qui
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/qui/gzywdh.flg

My first win with dark elf, and with a beastfighter too. Chaotic all the time.

First SMC->UD->HMV. Surge of power on the way, yay! Black tome of course. But there were 7lbs in the shop, lasted all game. Precrown on PC:5. Serpent's Bite. Damn you RNG. Crowned on D:12 with Nature's Companion. Not bad. Of course, if I get an armor granting Fire immunity, it is only logical to receive fire immunity from crowning too. No AoLS, Khelly died. Water temple was easy, ToEF too. My only problem was lack of wand of cold (silly me, took carpenter quest, thought I surely will find WoCold somewhere later). Surge of power in ToTHK, got Hammerhead. Quite useful, cause I used it to dig ALL graves on both cemetarys, without success. Hung around on the lowest level in ToTHK, pickpocketing and killing everything, nothing. But stole Whirlwind, how useful. At least I found a blink dog (astral planes corruption was irritating). Needed only 50 of them to get a corpse. Finally I resigned, and for the first time ever I resorted to bridge building. Not that bad, took only 3 trips to the forest.

Air, Earth and Mana temples were easy. Only problem was lack of corruption removal items. Wrote 3 SoCR, dumping my mana down to 1, but whatever. On D:50 I quickly blew up both levers, and only then started to kill everything around. As a bonus, there was a tension room with ghosts and threat room with greater molochs. When I left the only occupant of the level was an owlbear ;). On the way up I cleared greater vault with karmics, that took forever, and found only Purifier. At the end a quick trip to the rift to get the weird tome, so that I could remove all corruptions before leaving.

Overall a nice game, although RNG could really cooperate more. No wishes, no wands of cold before the endgame, random artifacts more or less useless, but nevermind.

JellySlayer
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Beastfighters are notorious for getting great weapons and weapon artifacts. It's a cruel joke by the Creator and the RNG. Two surges of power and a pickpocket artifact is very uncommon as well, despite the relative uselessness of the artifacts that you got for them (I've never had a pickaxe break while gravedigging, didn't know it could happen; whirlwind isn't that bad for a beastfighter though).

Qui
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Now I'm confused. I was pretty sure that pickaxes could break while gravedigging, but I'm not sure if I ever experienced that. Maybe they can't. I don't know. Speaking of uselessness, I forgot to mention I got Wyrmlance for the potion. Simply awesome. And Whirlwind isn't that bad, but not that good either, good bow or crossbow with slaying ammo is just much much better.

Sami
04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Pick axes can break when digging graves.