PDA

View Full Version : What Have People Found?

Baranor
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I have gotten to the early teens with my characters in one of the early releases. I haven't found anything all that good in terms of items. I haven't been all that far down in some of the dungeons. Anyone have any things they've found that's cool. I'm all about the spoilers especially in a game as wide open as this.

gut
09-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Haven't gotten far down in the dungeons eh?

Maybe that has to do with the fact that it takes so long to explore each level...

So far, what I 'have found' is just about anything but the down staircases.

nathrakh
09-10-2011, 02:38 AM
So far, what I 'have found' is just about anything but the down staircases.

I laughed for that but you certainly have a point. The dungeon... creating script thingy whatever is quite horrible imo. Hope TB tweaks it for 0.2.0

Al-Khwarizmi
09-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I think dungeon size will not be a problem when dungeons are filled with more diverse and varied content. It is a nuisance now because in 0.1.4 we still have like 1/10th of the content of ADOM, so large levels tend to imply to kill the same kinds of monsters repeatedly and not find many special features.

PS: In reply to the OP, I think the rarest item I have found are bracers of protection. It's funny how bracers were strangely rare in ADOM and they seem to still be strangely rare in JADE.

The most powerful weapons I have found are large great clubs from ogres, although I suspect it's a bug that we can actually wield these.

Dual-wielding great maces (also a bug?) or morning stars also rules, although I still don't know if enemies get double damage reduction from PV on morning star hits or not.

As for armour, my overall best-equipped char had 21 PV but that didn't prevent hobgoblin leaders/chieftains (I don't remember which) from getting 60-damage hits on him with their great swords. I think there must be some bug (this time against the player) there, numbers simply don't add up unless those hobgoblin leaders are epic grand masters of swords and have humongous damage boni...

Mashric
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
The most powerful weapons I have found are large great clubs from ogres, although I suspect it's a bug that we can actually wield these.

Dual-wielding great maces (also a bug?) or morning stars also rules, although I still don't know if enemies get double damage reduction from PV on morning star hits or not.

Wait until you find the mithril varient of that club. 4d7 + 16 damage roll on a 1h club...is brutal. Sadly, unlike other mithril things, the mithril large great club is even heavier than the normal one.

Oh, and not all the large great clubs are 1h, most of them require two hands. That makes the bug kind of weird.

Then there's the 1,200 weight large clothes, over double the weight of a platemail and 1/10 as protective. Obviously a typo, but still.