PDA

View Full Version : Post Scriptum: Hacker attack

adom-admin
09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
It finally seems that we managed to quench the holes plugged into the server by the malicious hacker attack at the weekend. I sincerely hope that for the time being there are no new problems. Thanks to Jochen who first detected the problem, thanks to Powerweb (http://www.powerweb.de) for their support in fixing the problems and thanks to everyone who offered their support.

At least there is one benefit from all this: I upgraded to a new version of vBulletin and this new version trivializes the killing of spammers: Its basically a three step process to delete a spam thread and ban the spammer forever. In the old version you had to walk through three different processes. A real bliss. And we have a better catcha at the beginning (and I could make it even more difficult but I myself failed to read the captcha at highest level which seems to be a bit too much).
Now let's game one!

Laukku
09-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Well, it was actually me who first noticed something weird. As Jochen said in the thread I made (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/11333-What):

Thanks, Laukku! Your post made me aware that something was wrong with the ADOM server, so I contacted Thomas immediately. You known the rest of the story...

nathrakh
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
All praise Laukku. No but seriously, good job.

These new forums have some nice features but I'm too used to the old one's appearance. This looks so cluttered.

Laukku
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Hmm, a container named after my username in JADE (once they get implemented) would be a nice reward. :-> Nah.

Grey
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Hmm, hopefully it's all fine now.

The new forums are nice for a lot of the updated features (and fixing a few previously broken ones). I think the look of it is too spaced out though - it's not as compact as the previous version. I guess I'll get used to it though.

gut
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Normally I am the last person to like change, but this time I'm making an exception.
I think the new look is much more aesthetic than the last. Nice black text on a white
background that just subtly leans toward blue. I say keep it this way forever. The
only quirk is that all the invisi-text we have posted is now pretty obvious, at least on
laptops with the screen at an angle.