PDA

View Full Version : Bosses for each race

PelfElf
10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Like the trio of bosses one encounters one of when doing the golden gladius quest, I'd like to see a named uber-version of every monster race not currently intrinsic to a quest (i.e, we already have Filk, the Emperor Moloch, Cat Lord, the Assassin Prince, etc), such as The Rat King, Prince of the Goblins, Hrnnhr God of Trolls, etc. These bosses could be randomly occurring as long as they were level-appropriate or they could be used to produce more fixed quests. If random artifacts are implemented bosses like these would be a good place to increase their drop likelihood--I've always thought the "surge of power" artifact situation was a bit too rare but understood it because of the limited number and power of named artifacts in the game--a surge of power feeling tied to a monster race boss could be more frequent (while still rare) if tied to a random artifact instead. I think every boss could be fun in terms of their power differential from the lower tiers of their monster race, esp. if they were able to *use* the artifact they hold. Bosses would be more powerful than the "emperor" or "king" version of the monster in cases where that tier of the monster already exists. Monster Bosses I'd love to see include:

Juggernaught the Ultimate Golem (or the Golem of Science) (immune to all spells)
Queen Harpy (who can sleep you even through resistance)
The Leper (ultimate plague bearer)
Icebeard (King of the Frost Jarls)
Onyx Lord of the Dark Wizards (3x the number of summoning casts before exhaustion and higher level of summoned creatures)
etc.

It would add a deep layer of uniques and increase anticipation--what do people think?

CloudKing
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I like it. the more the better.

dallonj
10-20-2011, 05:47 AM
The human beastfightermaster, every hit leads to bleeding, carries something that gives control over animals, can give you rabies

A King of Thieves would be cool, he seems like someone who wants to give you quests, but turns out hes just pickin your pockets and keeping the stuff you bring back from quests, or after fulfilling a quest he tries to backstab you

I imagine a tinker boss would suck, tons of traps and pits everywhere, but probably a way for non tinkers to find the tinker bag

i think a type of sniper/archery master would be good too, pick you off with arrow headshots from a distance, carry some rarer arrows and some fletchery sets.

some sort of kobold shaman elder who can really mess you up with his spells, but has some unique/powerful amulets, herbs, and potions, maybe a spellbook or two (also i think itd be realistic to learn multiple spells from one book, maybe a slightly rarer book would have 3 or 4 different fire spells in it)

a monk elder would be able to dodge like every hit, but have some nice sandals with a Dex bonus or some interesting books about god-quest type of things

Also, since booze is in ADOM, i assume it will be in JADE, can there be a sub branch of the alchemy skill; brewing/distilling? itd be cool if brewer was a class and you could open a tavern