PDA

View Full Version : JADE Visual Identity ;)

Sulik
10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I really dislike the spartan aesthetics of this site and forum also I think that Jade could use some visual ID.
Soo being a "doer" myself, here is my proposition. What do you think?

Laukku
10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
The first and third ones are pretty neat, although JADE already has a logo. I don't like the middle one, its too bland.

Al-Khwarizmi
10-03-2011, 03:08 PM
The first (i.e., 02-Jade.jpg) is really good!

CloudKing
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I really like the first one.

Sulik
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey, thanks for your opinions.
Ive sent the projects to Thomas B. on facebook, but he never wrote back. Heartbroken ;)
Well... bette that he gets busy with JADE than writing back anyway ;)

Maybe someday he'll give some feedback.

Grey
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I suggest posting in reply to one of his blog posts.

eeviac
10-06-2011, 02:32 AM
I like -02 and -03

adom-admin
10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey, thanks for your opinions.
Ive sent the projects to Thomas B. on facebook, but he never wrote back. Heartbroken ;)
Well... bette that he gets busy with JADE than writing back anyway ;)

Maybe someday he'll give some feedback.

I'm tremendously ashamed... sorry for not answering. :eek:
I really tried to remember but somehow got sidetracked... *sigh*

Personally I really like each of it for different merits... 02 for its overall design, 03 for the extremely cool (pun intended) and straight design which IMHO looks very elegant and 01 for its very gamey feel. I probably would prefer either 02 or 03 for usage... but the question is: What to do with it?

My personal problem is just that I really like the current JADE logo, too... it's been with me for so many years :-) And thus I'm not sure I'd like to exchange it from the game. Especially since the whole main screen probably could use a redesign.

What do people think? Where would you'd like to see a logo applied to? Website? Blog? Forums? PDF Manual? Print Manual? Game itself? Nothing of that? Everything?

I won't promise anything but I'm curious for opinions.

Thomas

P.S.: Sorry once more for forgetting to answer... you are a victim of over-efficient time management ;-(

Sulik
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Well to be honest I don't really like how Jade looks now as I said before. And I dont mean the in-game visual "engine" obviously ;)

It has this irritating '90ties feel that is just too young to be "cool" and "hipster" and too old to be visually attractive for modern user.
I dont neccesarily think that my ideas are the best for Jade out there but a redesign is a "must".

And dont worry about not answering :) better late than never :D

ironcash
10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
My favorite is definitely jade-02, as far as where it could be placed I'm not exactly sure, out of Thomas' suggestions I think that the manual would make the most sense of where it could be placed without feeling out of place. Or perhaps Since Thomas already has some fan art on this site he could make a link to fan art on the main page. Also the later idea might encourage other Biskup fans to start on their own adom/jade art projects.

dallonj
10-20-2011, 06:23 AM
use it as the desktop icon