PDA

View Full Version : Window size and font

entropy
05-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Ugh. Trying to try out this game. It's so tiny my eyes are going cross. I can't resize the window or figgure out how to change the font it uses. Tried running it in 640x480 mode and text scrolls off the side of the window. I'm on Windows XP. How can I make this window bigger?

Epythic
05-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Uww. Two ideas from the top of my head:

1) Use the DOS version of ADOM and change the console font to something bigger.
2) I think it's called "magnify.exe", a program that displays things larger. But try 1) first.

Silfir
05-01-2009, 11:17 AM
If you're on XP, chances are very good that the DOS version will work in fullscreen mode - ALT-Return. That's the best way to play ADOM in my book.

On Vista, I'd still go for the DOS version, and resize the console to fit. Just right-click on the title bar, choose "Properties" or whatever, and change the font. Usually you'll go for Lucida Console, cause the other choices don't go high enough. On 1200&800, 24 size Lucida Console doesn't get me fullscreen mode, but it makes the window large enough that I feel comfortable. I still wish I had XP on his laptop though.

gut
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=886&highlight=dosapp.fon

This should help.

entropy
05-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks. Yeah I don't like the windows version.

I downloaded the DOS version and that allows me to make it comfortably big. 20 or 24 Lucida font is enough to be comfortable playing and it runs in full screen too.

Grey
05-02-2009, 11:36 PM
ADOM Sage allows the same, with a few extra features and slightly better support on XP and Vista.