PDA

View Full Version : The First Victory Post (?)

MITZE
11-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Despite still not having beat ADoM, I beat JADE last night/early this morning--though I'm not sure that it can be called a real victory, incomplete as the game is right now.

Let me just say that barehanded fighting seems like it'll be useable even for those who are not Beastfighters or Monks in JADE--it carried me all the way to the end of the game. At Unarmed combat Level 50, Urrg was doing something like 78-83 blunt damage, had almost 20% chance-to-critical, and was doing x8 damage on critical hits. Add in the fact that you get two attacks per turn while barehanded fighting now, and you get a very scary Troll.

In spite all this, I have to admit that I did cheese the game some. I relied almost entirely on my starting raw meat for food, had a 'ring of invisibility' equipped at almost all times when I found one, and I abused the heck out of one of the Mineral MacGuffins.

I'm anxiously awaiting version 0.2.1, Creator.

gut
11-13-2011, 03:18 AM
I no longer know when posters are trolling about jade -_-

CloudKing
11-13-2011, 04:29 AM
congrats!! :):):):)

Tihh
11-13-2011, 06:01 PM
*****SPOILERS!******

Congratulations! I have never found any ring of invisibility, I found an other cheap way to destroy the Chaos Gate using a bug (feature?). There is a guaranteed source of being able to pass through walls. And monsters can't hit back if i am standing in the walls (this must be a bug, however, it is an awesome skill without using the bug, too). What happens if you are invisible? Can monsters hit back?

MITZE
11-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I no longer know when posters are trolling about jade -_-

Oh, but I was trolling.....trolling all the way to victory. :D

I have never found any ring of invisibility, I found an other cheap way to destroy the Chaos Gate using a bug (feature?). There is a guaranteed source of being able to pass through walls. And monsters can't hit back if i am standing in the walls (this must be a bug, however, it is an awesome skill without using the bug, too). What happens if you are invisible? Can monsters hit back?

If you are invisible, monsters just wander around as if you aren't there. You can attack them to your heart's content and they'll be happy to just meander around and let you wail on them. There's a bug, though: if you become visible at any time and a monster sees you, that monster will know where you are at all times and attack you, even if you become invisible again. So if you find a ring of invisibility, just keep it on at all times and be content in your immortality.

Also, that other thing you mentioned is the Mineral MacGuffin I was referring to.