PDA

View Full Version : A good starting point?

Twichyboy
12-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Hello everyone, I just recently downloaded JADE and im playing it for the first time, but im having trouble figuring what and how to do certain things

I've played ADOM for a few years and got used to the basics, Spend my starting gold on food in the first town etc. But i'm very confused on what to do, for example I found an Ancient Ruin in the hills, and i've found a cave, but the usual key to enter (<) doesn't work and looking at the keymap i can't seem to find it,

i figured they may just be Dungeons that haven't been implemented yet but i'm just wondering if there is a site, or a specific post for newbies to the game?

Also one last question, What does the Tinker class do?

MITZE
12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Here's the answers to your questions (if you still want/need them); sorry it took so long for you to get a reply.

Dungeons, in general, are indeed implemented. However certain dungeons (namely the ones we're familiar with from ADoM) are not. They currently have an overworld map description, but no entrance. You can enter a location with [>] and also with [<] (I dislike this, but it seems that Mr. Biskup can't be dissuaded from having the commands as such).

For newbies, the best thing I can suggest is the [?] command (to show keybindings) and the [Alt-h] command (to show the game history and thereby show what's been implemented so far).

Lastly, the Tinker class can build things (something new from ADoM), but the selection of things to build--and the usefulness of what there is--is kind of limited at the moment. The command is [Ctrl-p].