PDA

View Full Version : sorry, but how can i identify items and their stats in Jade?

Silberfischchen
12-16-2011, 06:14 PM
i tried to play Jade and i like it, but i could not find a way to identify items?

thank you for answering a newbie-question

CloudKing
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM
you just have to wear/wield them..and if they are cursed then press (!) to dip them in any water you have found.(there is a good chance it is at least uncursed water)..as to other items that cannot be worn or wielded there is no scrolls of identify *YET* so I don't know if I can help you there......I hope this has been helpful.

Silberfischchen
12-16-2011, 09:29 PM
thank you, the answer helped me a little bit,

so i don´t have to count on scrolls, ok, (i never walked deeper than 4th ground downstairs until today in any dungon until i died);

the cursed and uncursed qualities are no problem, i always search an altar, and if i lay down an item, it says in picking up cursed or uncursed, (but cloaks can still be cursed, although they defined as ´uncursed´ by wearing), so i need the water dip only for faked uncursed cloaks, but as long as i dont know what they do, is a little bit pointless;

but for some items like rings, cloaks i never see the qualities-stats, could it be, becouse i disregard the skill ´detect item status´?

again thank you
greetings from vienna

CloudKing
12-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Detect item status is used for finding out the cursed/uncursed/blessed status of an item, not the qualities/stats. So disregarding that skill will make no difference in that respect. besides I dont think that TB has implemented that skill into the game yet.

I think your best chance at identifying all of your rings would be to search the towns and hope you find a ring shop. once you know the identity of a ring (just walk over top of it in a shop) then every ring of that type will always be identified.