PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Settings in Adom II

ironcash
02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I know this probably won’t happen especially any day soon but I think it would be cool to have different campaign options in adom II. I’ve been meaning to make this post for awhile and then I saw someone say something about it in the blog so I might as well throw out my [poorly ripped off] ideas.

Each campaign setting could have some unique classes, races, monsters, items, quests, and maybe even skills and talents.

I’m not very good at coming up with names and stuff like that. So any improvements on my ideas would be great and I would love to hear your ideas as well.

1. Dark Sun
My first poorly ripped off idea is based on the 2nd edition D&D campaign setting Dark Sun. Ideas for names of it might include; The Solar Tundra, Solar Waste land, or even something waaaay cooler than those crappy names
General Info: The premises of this setting is that most of the world of Ancardia has become a desolate desert, maybe during world generation the variables could be altered so that the world maybe is something like 70-90% desert, with only small patches of grass land and even smaller areas of forest. There is the occasional oasis probably with a small town set around it. Only the hardiest can survive in this harsh climate. Metal is hard to come by so most warriors will be equipped with items of bone, rock or other materials. Another cool part of this setting was that psionic abilities were very common and you might encounter anything from plants to birds with mind powers
Unique to: Things unique to this campaign would be the generation of metal items would be rare, your character might start with random psionic ability, and the harsh terrain

2. Steam Punk:
I think it would be cool to see a steam punk styled adom campaign.
General info: A world of steam power, gun powder, and magick. In this campaign you would have a better chance of finding air ships, guns, robots, and trains that crossed through mountains and under oceans.
Unique to: This campaign would introduce black powder based guns and rifles, robots (golem styled mind you) gun slinger or sharp shooter as class, transglobal trains, and of course new quests and motives.

3. Ravenloft:
This one would be called Adom II: Legends of Ancardia: And the Deathly Hallows and wouldn’t be related to Ravenloft in the slightest (wink wink)
General Info: World would be covered heavily in forest and plagued with lycanthropes , vampires, witches, spirits and all other sorts of spoooooky things (did I mention skeletons those things give me the heeby jeebies everytime I run into one in adom)
Unique to: Things unique to this setting is that there could be a new terrain prefix of haunted that increases the chances of supernatural encounters, additionally a hunter class could be added and the character could choose his/her specialty (vampires, lycanthropes, dragons)

4. Oriental:
Don’t know how politically correct droppin the ‘O’ Bomb is these days but it would have a cooler name like shuriken knights.
General info: I don’t know too much about the Far East so I’ll try to make it a little brief. This setting would be an ancient China/Japan styled setting with features unique to that.
Unique to: this setting would introduce samurai, and ninjas, as well as weaponry like nunchakus and shurikens, and might include progressive quests where you start as the lowliest member of a clan of ninjas and see how that progresses, or maybe serving as a samurai under a shogun.

Thanks for taking the time to read through these

CloudKing
02-15-2012, 06:33 AM
I like the Idea.... would definitely help to make it a new experience every game.

rmcin329
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
sounds like a good idea, especially if players could somehow design their own campaigns and distribute them to other players.