PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Ghul's Head Tavern

Phoobnahr
02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Haven't really seen a thread like this on the board, thought maybe we could use a place where we could all discuss the sights we've seen in our adventures in Ancardia. I for one am really curious about what similarities we have between the Drakalor Chain of today as compared with the way we all knew the Drakalor chain 1000 years ago. For instance, the outlaw village shows on the world map as an overgrown remains of a settlement (or something to that effect), the Mad minstrel's hut as a tiny hut long abandoned. I'm sure there are more, my exploration of the Drakalor chain has been woefully incomplete so far. I've only managed to make it down to level 5 of the caverns of chaos, so I don't know if dwarftown and the big room, etc. still exist, or if dwarftown is perhaps a ruin, or if both are unrepresented completely.

So pull up a chair, grab an ale! The journey here hasn't been a short one, take a while to relate your stories of your journeys in Ancardia, that's what we're all here for.
I myself met a wizened old man in the caverns of chaos, he told me about a place deep under the earth where he said Chaos incarnate had once intruded itself into Ancardia, through what he called the chaos gate. Said the only way to make sure the gate stayed closed was to gather four shards from dungeons spread across the wilds of Ancardia, and bring them to this chaos gate, only then could the intrusion of Chaos be truly stopped.
I suppose what he says about the continued influence of chaos must really have something to it... The second level of the caverns of chaos was a great maze, a winding labyrinth of corridors. In all my studies of the history of this place, I never found any mention of such a warren in the caverns of chaos, certainly not in the time of the great hero who closed the gate 1000 years ago.

What rumors do you hear travelers?

Phoobnahr
02-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Another rumor I heard...
They say the cat race has grown much stronger in Ancardia over the last 1000 years. I met a traveler who said he saw an armed and armored troll warrior completely shredded by a single swipe from a cave lion. His report indicated that any member of the feline race is to be feared even more than the infamous wielders of great swords.

I've heard whispered rumors about something called the "orc quest" but know nothing about it in any more detail... Anybody heard or seen anything to confirm or deny this?

ironcash
03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I once heard tale that Rehetep has re-awoken and issued a challenge to seek revenge on the descendant of the great hero. But alas when the time came the descendant was unable to enter that defiled pyramid. Perhaps the day will come when the gates will re-open and Rehetep can truly be destroyed

Dervi
03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Another rumor I heard...
They say the cat race has grown much stronger in Ancardia over the last 1000 years. I met a traveler who said he saw an armed and armored troll warrior completely shredded by a single swipe from a cave lion. His report indicated that any member of the feline race is to be feared even more than the infamous wielders of great swords.

I've heard whispered rumors about something called the "orc quest" but know nothing about it in any more detail... Anybody heard or seen anything to confirm or deny this?

This is not really a... rumour: ;)
http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/11398-Kitty-ate-my-troll...

MITZE
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Another rumor I heard...

'Tis true!

Why, just the other day I was in the company of one of them dark elves. I had 'eard the stories, 'o course, but I twas amazed to see 'ow quick she was. Them dark elves have all the speed of their cousins and none their frailty.

Then...we met that damned cat. We were fools, thinking that the rumours were just rumours; the cat proved us wrong quick enough. All it took was a couple of attacks for it to badly would the both of us--and she was armored with elf-forged chain mail! We tried to flee--but that cat, that damned cave tiger kept right on our heels. I barely got away--and only because she stopped to hold it off.

I think that yowl is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

MITZE
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
I 'eard that the way by which Tinkers make their nails is a closely guarded secret, and that they even have a special way to make blocks 'o mud--like combinin' a bit 'o dirt and water isn't good 'nuff for 'em.

ironcash
03-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Anyone hear anything about the dwarven city? I've never made it down far enough to see for myself. I always end up dying or my soul explodes randomly on a staircase (which is always depressing.)

MITZE
03-22-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm sure all of us have seen our fair share of oddities down in the dungeons, so I'm hoping that someone can shed a little light on this: a couple of times while I was dungeoncrawling, there's been a few instances where I had a nagging feeling that there was something special about the level I was on. For instance, a couple of times I've arrived on a level to notice biting fumes, or the walls glistening with humidity. In all such cases, I explored the level completely, and could not find anything out of the ordinary.

Can anyone here offer any insights?