PDA

View Full Version : Shadow and losing strength points

Mngwa
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
I played with drakeling fighter.. I initially had 20 strength points and after getting to level 7 I went to caverns of chaos. Shortly afterwards I met shadow there and the battle took 4 points of strength permanently! I think that for a game which doesnt allow to save there are too many ways to lose stats permanently, this being one of them. (I mean to save position and restore it when something turns bad)

Al-Khwarizmi
03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Yes, there I agree with you. Shadows and other stat-draining monsters are rather overpowered for a game where there's no way (at the moment) to attack from a distance, and no way to re-train stats.

I hope we get missiles soon so that we can do something against that.

MITZE
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Actually, I think it is currently possible to train attributes somehow--I'm thinking from the temporary boosting potions. I know I've gotten at least one random gain in one of the last couple of versions.

In any case, I believe that it is listed as being implemented in V0.2.0.

EDIT: Almost forgot . . . when fighting shadows and wights and the like, it helps to have a high MR. Play race/class combos that have high Mana.

AJR
03-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I've had similar experience; in my current game, my troll barbarian has lost two points of strength and 12 or so toughness from the attacks off various undead. Athletics boosts help, but aren't doing nearly enough. Other characters in past games were affected in similar ways.

JellySlayer
03-25-2012, 04:15 AM
I've had this problem as well. I had an orc barbarian lose ~10 To and ~6 St from wights and shadows. Wights are particularly nasty since they get 3-4 attacks per turn, and can drain stats on each one. Without missiles or wands, they're very hard to deal with.

MITZE
03-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I've actually noticed such a thing occuring with undead other than wights--I've also seen it with skeletons, for example.

I probably should do some testing to see if this is a bug or if it's just happening because I like to play Trolls (which are slow).