PDA

View Full Version : Stupid tiny people

Dervi
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Me Groq big troll monk. Me Groq not happy. Tiny people everywhere... Tiny people weak. Tiny people crushed by fists... but more tiny people come. Stupid tiny people. Groq wandering in dungeons only finding small and medium objects. Reason why Groq monk. Groq has to live naked. No clothes, no cloaks, no caps, no gloves, no boots for poor Groq. Groq not a happy troll. Please help poor Groq. Groq asks creator for more items suited for Groq. Groq found altar. Groq will pray...

Elone
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Funny, my troll character just died to a crash. I chose it to be a monk, so that I would not have to deal with a lack of equipment. The only large stuff that I've found were from the Large Gnolls, who were otherwise rather tough. I disarmed one for his axe, and had to flee. Wish I could disarm their armour as well.

MITZE
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think it's as bad as you guys are making it out to be--it was worse in V0.2.0, where items on the ground weren't generated in any size other than medium (and I managed a win with a Troll despite the fact).

Personally, the only rebalancing that I would do would involve making large-sized monsters slightly more likely to drop their stuff; otherwise, I'm fine with how it is.

Trolls have globs of HP and are very strong, so it's not like they need PV too much in the early game anyway.

Elone
03-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Well then! My trollish monk characters have a somewhat easier time. It's possible to disarm some larger enemies of their weapon and shield, ogres come to mind, large gnolls, and bugbears. A variety can be gathered like this, of which my favourite is the large morning star. And they can drop their armour when they die.

P.S. Are morning stars the most powerful weapons in the game?

Al-Khwarizmi
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
P.S. Are morning stars the most powerful weapons in the game?
Among weapons proper, I'd say yes. Especially if you combine them with rings of damage, because they will boost the two kinds of damage that they do.

But if you're a monk, you reach level 12 or so and you meet the traditional monk combat restrictions, I'd say the most powerful weapon is your bare hands. You get two attacks with great to-hit, damage and crit chance.

grobblewobble
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Please help poor Groq. Groq asks creator for more items suited for Groq. Groq found altar. Groq will pray...

When the commoner class stealing worn items gets real, Groq and his family will have all the items they could want. :p

grobblewobble
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Some of the stuff I've gotten from fighting ogre lords.. Large people have no reason to complain, lol.

Maybe bare handed fighting is not the best, after all..

Al-Khwarizmi
04-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Maybe bare handed fighting is not the best, after all..
Wow... yes, my opinion came from playing medium-sized monks, but after seeing that, it seems that for large monks two-handed weapons can be really great. Although barehanded fighting still gives you two attacks per round and therefore less probability of missing.

grobblewobble
04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Found a higher damage weapon by now: a large wooden great club of devastation. Damage 10 D15 + 16. It came from an insanely large threat room of fomorian giants, IIRC it was about 10*12 squares. Fomorian giants are the weakest type of giants, they never do any serious damage, so I disarmed all of them.

And I guess a pure monk is probably still better off fighting with his bare hands. Hands gain weapon marks so fast.. hitting twice, with about 25 percent chance of doing a crit for x5 damage is hard to rival. Improving your weapon skill with a two hander is much harder.