PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Surges of Power

ghostrobotmoonzombie
03-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Hey guys, gals and goblins, Im an old member who had to remake yet another profile to share my luck (been on various adom forums as halfgiant/chaosmuffin/majinbren/halfmajinmuffin/giantchaosbren etc in the past)

Been playing my hurthling thieves for a while, as my first win many moons ago was one and was feeling nostalgiac, anyhoo was precrowned with BoW which was nice, Surge of power in the UD gave me robes of resistance, then later in the game in the ToEF a surge of power on lvl2 (Preserver amulet Nice!) then straight after that another Surge of power on lvl3!! with Protector Shield, NICE!!!, BUT wait, there is More! Boosting down in the Coc - "You feel Truley Excited, You feel a Surge of Power" that haul was skullcrusher/whirlwind/crown of leadership, and the guardian had Farslayer! i had been training xbows all game so that was a nice addition :)

So four surges in one game is very nice, i think thats happened to me maybe once before in 12-14 or so years of playing :)

(postnote, crowned with the silver key, i actually quite like that artifact)

anon123
03-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Surge of power in the UD gave me robes of resistance, then later in the game in the ToEF a surge of power on lvl2 (Preserver amulet Nice!) then straight after that another Surge of power on lvl3!! with Protector Shield, NICE!!!, BUT wait, there is More! Boosting down in the Coc - "You feel Truley Excited, You feel a Surge of Power" that haul was skullcrusher/whirlwind/crown of leadership

All the surges of power I've had in my whole ADOM career, you had in a single game. And the artifacts I received weren't even as good as those... :(

I don't lose sleep over it, though. If I can manage to get my hands on Preserver, Protector or The Far Slayer that's great, but the selection of guaranteed artifacts is good enough.

Silfir
03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Technically, you want to receive one kickass artifact per game. One game in which you get all of them is five without any...

ghostrobotmoonzombie
03-26-2012, 05:31 AM
so fighting andor with a thief is quite annoying, stunning = teleporting, then trying to find him sucks! ended up using a rods for humanoid slaying quarrels to get him down to critically hurt, then used monsterdetect/teleport wands to track him down in melee. so for any aspiring thieve ultras, train up your ranged in anticipation :)

grobblewobble
03-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Or paralyze him. ;)

That was a truly obscene amount of luck you had, cheers.