PDA

View Full Version : You feel a great surge of power!

Dervi
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Hmm... not sure about this one. Doesn't seem to mean the same as the first game, since I didn't meet an artifact guardian on the level (are there even artifacts in ADOM II yet?). I hope I didn't miss something important...

Dervi
03-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Nevermind... The "heavy necklace" that I found on the level seems to give +8 Str and To. Once I get an ID scroll, I'll probably find out that it's a great item...

Dervi
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
The shard of elemental earth... of course.

MITZE
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Besides the obvious, it should also allow your PC to walk through walls . . . which means that the character is now immortal, if you play it right.

EDIT: Assuming that monsters react the same way to a PC that is in a wall as they did in V0.2.0, that is.

Al-Khwarizmi
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Damn, I got that shard two or three times and it never crossed my mind to try and walk through a wall :S

Dervi
03-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Besides the obvious, it should also allow your PC to walk through walls . . . which means that the character is now immortal, if you play it right.

EDIT: Assuming that monsters react the same way to a PC that is in a wall as they did in V0.2.0, that is.

Well it doesn't seem you can walk through walls in 0.2.3, or it requires a special command I'm not aware of...

MITZE
03-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Well it doesn't seem you can walk through walls in 0.2.3, or it requires a special command I'm not aware of...

Really? Damn.

A special command was not required to access the ability in V0.2.0; you just needed to have the item equipped.

I guess that that feature was either removed from that particular item, or the item itself is currently bugged.

ironcash
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Earth shard still lets you walk through wall in 0.2.8, it's to bad I got cocky and let my promising young character die :(

grobblewobble
05-29-2012, 08:53 PM
It didn't in 0.2.7 but it works again in 0.2.8. It has been fixed to make sure monsters attack you back, but imo it's still an extremely overpowered item.

Perhaps you should get a +100% energy penalty on every action when you walk into a wall..

It also lets you pass any water square in the wilderness. This means the sailing skill is basically completely useless as long as you possess the earth shard, and building boats (which is extremely difficult to begin with) has no use either. If any artifact gets that ability, imo it should be the shard of elemental water. As it is now, the earth shard is the one with all the good stuff on it.

Kaamos
05-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Shard of elemental air also lets you fly over the water.
EDIT: And mountains but I don't recommend you guys doing that it might bug at some point causing you to abort the game and losing a character.

Jaek
10-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Makes me think of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Ghosts in that lost like... 10% of their satiation for every turn they spent in a wall or something.