PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower

Baranor
03-29-2012, 03:40 AM
You are turned into a cauliflower due to serious brain damage!

Anyone figure out what causes this message? It's gotten me several times now.

My guess is that it hurts trolls and helps bring them down to earth, but if there was something I should avoid, it would be great to know.

JellySlayer
03-29-2012, 04:00 AM
It sounds like it is supposed to be death due to stat drain. Maybe lost learning?

Overfeeding yourself seems to currently lead to nasty stat drains. I'm not sure of other ways to lose mental stats.

Baranor
03-29-2012, 06:16 PM
The learning stat certainly goes down to negs with this message, but I'm not sure what causes it. My learning isn't particularly low when I get it.

MITZE
03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Just to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly:

The 'Learning' score of your PC is not dangerously low (5-), and for no apparent reason, it instantly falls to zero/into the negatives and you get the cauliflower message.

If what I typed above is the case, then it's probably a bug, and should be reported.

grobblewobble
03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
About half my trolls die this way as soon as they eat their raw meat.. trolls often start with learning below 5 (especially barbarians).

I think the penalties for being bloated are far too punishing. They reduce your stats now and probably abuse them, too. The speed and DV penalties are bad enough without all that. This makes blessed food something dreadful you want to avoid, while the "blessed" status is supposed to be beneficial. Same with special food that trolls like.. it makes no sense to be killed by eating your own favourite food.

Al-Khwarizmi
03-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes, this is hugely unbalanced... as I said in the issue forum, I lost a monk to eating raw meat and then gaining lvl. 15, with the ability that you consume only 20% nutrition. Some of my stats were drained by more than 15 points, until I died of dissolving muscles.