PDA

View Full Version : trolls dual wielding staves

grobblewobble
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
This is the most overpowered weapon setup I've seen yet. Currently I have DV/PV 65/15 on berserk.. steamrolling through giants and hydras, almost without having to stop to heal at all. Too bad that two of the elemental dungeons were impossible to reach.. the monsters aren't going to stop this guy. :D

Telrunya
04-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I know that would be the case ever since Biskup said that large creatures would be able to wield medium two-handed weapons in one hand. I got bored after quickly reaching 120 DV on berserk. At that point, basically nothing can hit you.

grobblewobble
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Well, after playing further I found out that there actually is a monster that can hit you, even at very high DV. Fire giants. Man, those are tough. They are basically molochs now. With 70-ish PV and hit like bricks. The character above was able to beat them eventually, but it takes forever and is still risky. And in the endgame, the whole level is filled with nothing but fire giants, hordes of them. For this reason, I'd say that bare hands are the best weapon after all, even better than staves. The insane criticals from barehand fighting are the only reasonable way I see to destroy them. Even large eternium great swords aren't enough (I tried).