PDA

View Full Version : King of the Orcs?

JellySlayer
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Just curious: has anyone actually managed to trigger this storyline? And if so, how do you do it? I thought it was supposed to be released in 0.2.3, but haven't noticed any comments pertaining to it.

[edit]Nevermind. Release notes say this has not been implemented yet. Feel free to ignore me.

feanor70115
05-10-2012, 02:55 AM
I made if to Fnuk's vault with a troll monk, about level 27. He was about level 11 when he found the halls of Fnuk and started killing things. There's an enormous maze level above Fnuk's vault; I can't imagine any character other than a troll carrying about 40 food rations or a monk over level 15 with the 20% nutrition ability could get to the down stairs.

In Fnuk's vault, my troll, with over 500 hit points, who had breezed through ogre lords and troll brutes, got killed by an invisible orc scorcher that was also incredibly fast and never seemed to be there to be hit. There were also a lot of dark spaces on that level. You'll need the ability to see invisible and a light source before handling that level. You'll likely also need to wait for missile or magic combat.

This was the second time I'd wandered into Fnuk's halls. They were in more or less the same place each time, to the east of the Drakalor Chain; take two rights after leaving the Chain.

- F.

Al-Khwarizmi
05-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm afraid that invisible, fast, unhittable orc scorcher is not a feature, it's a bug that makes some monsters able to attack from a distance... http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=991

ronarscorruption
05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
The maze level of the halls of Fnuk is almost impossible without a pickaxe and a colossal supply of food, I agree. However, it's the only place where I've ever come close to running out of food in 2.6, so that suggests the level itself is the issue instead of anything else.

There's also a critical error within the halls of fnuk, too. Dropped my character right off the map.

I do have to ask as well - is the storyline just to know about and go to the dungeon? I expected as a storyline it would involve at least two areas, like the main quest. I dunno.

Al-Khwarizmi
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
it's the only place where I've ever come close to running out of food in 2.6
Didn't explore large hill areas much, right?

grobblewobble
05-23-2012, 07:23 PM
The maze level of the halls of Fnuk is almost impossible without a pickaxe and a colossal supply of food, I agree.

With the shard of elemental earth you don't need so much food. :p

Now if only I could figure out how to handle a handle...

Array
05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Has anyone figured out what to do on final level of halls of Fnuk? Pulling the level does nothing. And what are holes with oil used for?

feanor70115
05-24-2012, 02:05 AM
No idea on the holes of oil.
The level seems to drain intelligence massively, so if you have to rest to heal it's best to go back upstairs.
There are three levers. You probably missed one - two of them by your use of the singular.
Once you've pulled all the levers, be ready to handle a horde of overpowered orc scorchers, then a lot of overpowered orc chieftains, and finally two hugely overpowered NPCs. My level 34 troll monk got killed quickly by those last two but I think I could have handled them (by throwing them and running so I only had to face on at a time) if I'd realized what I was getting into.

- F.

grobblewobble
05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
What key do I need to press to handle a lever? I am using the JADE keys (option 1).

feanor70115
05-27-2012, 12:03 AM
The same key you use to eat things on the ground.

grobblewobble
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
My level 34 troll monk got killed quickly by those last two but I think I could have handled them (by throwing them and running so I only had to face on at a time) if I'd realized what I was getting into.

Incidentally, my troll monk was level 34 too. It's doable, I made it. I didn't throw them, but disarming Fnuk made him a pushover. The orb of elemental fire is a great help in this fight. Earth orb is kind of useless on this level.

Baranor
06-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Has this changed in 2.8? I found all the levers and pulled all 3 of them in various orders. I did notice that with certain orders, I got an odd mis-written message. I went on to the gate and have forgotten the exact message, but I haven't gotten anything to happen on this level. Thoughts? Do you need to be certain level?

grobblewobble
01-03-2013, 11:20 PM
In version 0.3.2 I am unable to pull any of the levers. The levers simply don't appear in the list of things you can interact with.

edit: oh, you need to unequip elemental shards first before the handle appears in the list..

Damn, killed by Joan d'orc this time. Someone should go there with at least one level in thief and some skill in pickpockets. They're wearing some very shiny items. I saw an amulet of life saving on the neck of Joan IIRC and various other goodies.

grobblewobble
01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Okay, came back and tried it. It turns out Fnuk is the one carrying the amulet, not Joan. It's not worth learning to pickpocket because he drops all his items anyway when he dies.

Joan d'Orc is a formidable opponent, much more dangerous than her husband. She's a warrior nun with speed about 120, hits hard, can do a stunning throwing attack, can't be disarmed, heals quite quickly. I killed her by wearing speed enhancing items (ring of speed and fire shard), a ring of blunt trauma resistance and then repeatedly retreated to heal until she made the mistake to try a circular kick.

Byrnsey
01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
He drops his *amulet of life saving* when he dies? Doesn't quite add up does it?