PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Hiram Sedai
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey folks,

I am sort of new. I haven't touched ADOM in more than ten years and am now trying to play Jade.

First, why is Terinyo so big now and where did the sheriff go?
Also, how do i find my quests? I searched through the help from the last ADOM that is not Jade and didn't see the key for quests.

And..what..praytell..is a commoner?

thanks

Edit - apologies for putting my questions in the wrong forum.

Silfir
04-30-2012, 12:20 AM
A commoner is just some guy. That's pretty much what it means. Not a noble, not someone with particular training and skillset the way a figher or a barbarian have. Just a regular dude working regular jobs who for some reason decided to start going on adventures. As long as ADOM II doesn't add a specific farmer profession, I'd say the ADOM II commoner is the successor to the ADOM farmer.

As for why JADE (or ADOM II) is so different - from the engine up, it's an entirely new game. It has the old Drakalor Chain in it, but it plays in a much larger world, and the maps are no longer restricted the way they were in ADOM; they can be much larger, and in the interest of simulation, cities and towns are probably going to take advantage of that and become much bigger and more chaotic. Lore-wise, it takes place a lot of time later, I think - that's why you won't really meet any characters again except if they're supposed to be really, really long-lived. I can imagine Yrruir making a comeback, for instance (he already might; I'm keeping myself unspoiled from ADOM II as much as I can).

Also, ADOM II is really, really far away from being even close to finished. For instance, I don't think it even has quests yet.

JellySlayer
04-30-2012, 03:56 AM
There is a person in Terinyo who will direct you to the CoC. Inside the CoC, there is another character who will start the main quest. No other quests have yet been implemented in this version.

Hiram Sedai
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
thanks, gentlemen!

_Ln_
05-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Offtopic, but I'm pretty sure Yrruir is female. You may want to apologize to her, Silfir xD